What's new

Shenmue2(XB)- Japanese or no (1 Viewer)

Romier S

Senior HTF Member
*Grabs his Resurrection scroll and brings this one back from the dead*
Some news from the latest Gamespot preview:
In addition, the white button will cycle through five filters, such as a sepia and black-and-white tones, that will let you change the game's graphics on the fly. Finally, the black button will let you take "snapshots" at any point during the game. Our build of the game let us take up to 126 shots that we could look at whenever we wanted.
Im definitely curious to see what those filters end up looking like.

Joseph Young

Screenwriter
Microsoft has elected to go for an English dub with subtitles and no option for the original Japanese language. This could be a mistake
:frowning: :frowning:
This is most definitely a mistake on their part, unless they re-think the decision. By not including the option for Japanese voice in Shenmue 2, the powers that be (the ones behind the decision, whoever they are) are alienating the demographic most likely to pick up the game, IMO.
I am on Disc 2 of the European import, and after having played through the first Shenmue (the english dub), I will say I very much prefer the Japanese dub. Ryo is still a clueless character, but all the voices seem more.. i dunno... credible. Maybe it's just my purist leanings.
Most curious is the Digest Movie of Shenmue 1 on disc 4 (chronicling the events of the first game) is all in the English dub.
"Did you see a black car?"
"Can you tell me where to find... sailors?"

And plus, gamers will miss out on the awesome Japanese phonetic pronounciation of 'Beverly Hills Wharf.'
First the bad box art, now this! Ack!!
~j

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation111
Recent bookmarks