1. Sign-up to become a member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It only takes 30 seconds to sign up, so join the discussion today!
    Dismiss Notice

Shenmue 3

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Bryan^H, Dec 3, 2019.

1. Bryan^H

Bryan^H Lead Actor

I picked this up on Saturday. I am really, enjoying it. It certainly is a throwback to the early 2000's in style, and execution of gameplay. The graphics are fine, a bit of grinding to get skill levels up, but that was to be expected. I'm happy this was released ,and cross my fingers for Shenmue 4! There is still a lot of mileage to get out of my PS4 before the next system hits.

2. Dave Upton

Dave Upton Audiophile
    Owner

Dave Upton
    I backed the Kickstarter, but haven't redeemed my code yet. Really looking forward to giving it a play.

3. Bryan^H

Bryan^H Lead Actor

I'm still investigating the thugs in the village, but have to admit the martial arts training, chopping wood for money, and fun little games from the townsfolk like turtle racing, and pail toss have taken up so much of my time. I beat White Tiger for the first time and now face the final monk master (he tore me apart) but feel my martial art skills are very good (they should be after all the training/grinding).

Although I have owned the first Shenmue for Dreamcast for about 15 years, this is my first journey into the series.
    Shenmue 3 is simply a wonder in modern gaming. The graphics are breathtaking. The beautiful country village at sunset, and night are stunning. It looks old school, but with so much polish, and heart it puts to shame some modern game graphics in sheer beauty alone. The gameplay may be a bit antiquated, but I am having a wonderful journey in this world. I am transported each, and every time I play it.

I'm glad I have Shenmue 1,and 2 remastered for the PS4 waiting for me when this is done.