1. Sign-up to become a member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It only takes 30 seconds to sign up, so join the discussion today!
    Dismiss Notice

Sheena, Queen of the Jungle 1956 Irish McCalla news

Discussion in 'TV on DVD and Blu-ray' started by SheenaFan, Nov 12, 2011.

1. Comic2read

Comic2read Extra

Frank
    I'll let Peter know about that offer.

Peter what doesn't want to be too specific on his go fund me page because he doesn't want people to raise prices on Sheena reels.

So word of mouth is like this for people who want to donate to preserve Sheena.

Peter has one Sheena episode now on HD and he sent me a link but I can't see it because computer won't download it properly.

2. DeWilson

DeWilson Cinematographer

Denny
    Wow, those are really reasonable rates, Bob! Nice to know there are folks out there that can do quality work without it costing an arm and a leg.

You know, I've never seen a 4K scan from a 16mm print - are results really nice?

Jeff Flugel likes this.
  3. Neil Brock

Neil Brock Producer

Worldvision syndicated the show. I find it hard to believe they wouldn't have 35mm elements in the CBS vaults.

4. Comic2read

Comic2read Extra

Frank
    Peter knows people there and checked. Unfortunately nothing.

5. Bob Furmanek

Bob Furmanek Insider
    Insider

Bob
    There were probably three sets of 35mm prints struck for the original syndication; New York, LA and Chicago. All other markets would’ve run 16mm. It’s very unlikely any of those 35mm prints survive.

I did a lot of work and research at Consolidated Film Industries (CFI) in Hollywood in the 1980s and seem to recall seeing elements on the show in the vaults at that time. CFI is long gone and I don’t know what happened to those elements. Hopefully, they were returned to the rights holder.

phillyrobt likes this.
  6. Neil Brock

Neil Brock Producer

I'm happy to see any old show get released but I can't see this having much of a profitability potential. This would have to be a labor of love and not something done looking to make money.

7. Comic2read

Comic2read Extra

Frank
    A lot of its potential profitability will depend on how many are aware of Irish McCalla's star power.

She could become more popular than Betty Page. I've seen the episodes a few times and know what to expect but then Irish appears and it's like sunlight. Dave Stevens said her pictures are breathtaking.

Paul Wickham summed it up well:
    http://terrororstralis.com/sheena/irish/final-years/FY-page5.htm