What's new

She Spies (1 Viewer)

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
It definately used self-deprecating humor on itself with all of the pauses and text on the screen to poke fun at their casting choices.
It is a "turn your brain off" type of spy caper comedy.
I did like D.D. :)

I thought it was good for what they were trying to do. Don't take it too seriously, and you'll get where they are going. Some good laughs here and there, although the beautiful women on there probably clouded my judgment a bit. :)

James_A

Stunt Coordinator
D.D. was really puurtty.... Mmmmm!
htf_images_smilies_yum.gif
:D

Frank Anderson

Senior HTF Member
I only wanted to watch it to see more of Natasha Henstridge. About one minute after it ended I canceled my season pass of the show on my TiVo (programmed a week ago). The only thing I liked about it was at the end when they stopped just short of all three girls actually pulling their shirts up. I thought the caption was funny. Something about hoping that will get us to tune in next week. For me I doubt that would even get me to watch another episode.

Jim_Hunt

Grip
I was expecting a more serious type of crime/action show. However, I also like funny stuff too. But I admit, I gave this one a watch for the first 15 minutes and then watched something else.

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
I'm surprised nobody has mentioned the striking similarity between this show and the Charlies Angels movie, or even the show for that matter!
Which one was D.D.? If it was the African American girl, I think she was fine!
htf_images_smilies_yum.gif

I never really found Natasha Henstridge to be all that attractive. She was gorgeous in The Whole Nine Yards though.

Brad Porter

Screenwriter
There are elements of the show that have potential (the wink at the camera attitude, the attractive cast, the stunt casting - Henry Gibson as a villain on next week's show looks promising), but I was left with the impression that everyone involved was just going through the motions. Some series have executed this type of show rather well (The Adventures of Brisco County Jr. comes to mind), but She Spies really seems to lack *heart*. I'll give it one more try before I instruct the TiVo to avoid it forever. There are hot women in it, after all. :)
Brad

Joel Mack

Senior HTF Member
I really enjoyed She Spies, especially after thinking it would suck...
Heck, it had two rapid-fire "Sports Night" references, how cool is that? :)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks