What's new

She said yes (1 Viewer)

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
For what it's worth, she has as many DVDs as I do, appreciates my 36" Sony WEGA, and has a better computer and cellphone than I do.

Lynda-Marie

Supporting Actor
Congrats, Dave F! I just hope she knows enough NOT to mention the big conversation killers with you:

Helping someone with their homework
Silica

:D

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
She's visited many times, and is willing to suffer through for the sake of love.

Thanks Lynda-Marie -- She's got a handle on what not to talk about :)

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
Indeed, Mike. We're paying for everything ourselves (myself). I'm pricing moving trucks right now. I'm realizing that marriage is not a financially positive move. I suppose it has other non-pecuniary benefits.

I'm starting to have the married-man's anxiety: it began to sink it last night that I'm going to be fully responsible for her financially and so forth. And so I dreamt that I was laid-off...

Good times :)

Bruce Hedtke

Senior HTF Member

I think half the Forum just passed out.

Congrats, Dave. In the immortal words of Zsa Zsa "A man in love is incomplete until he has married. Then he's finished."

Bruce

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
I earn more than her. And she's quitting her nicely paying job to come out here. It will then take a while for her to find a similar job out here, or to develop her freelance work more fully.

As for Rochester and Henrietta -- there are worse places to live. At least it's not Buffalo. :D

Michael Martin

Screenwriter

Ah, Rochester. Home of two seasons: Broil and Arctic Gloom.

Lived there from 1991-1993. Could not pay me enough to move back. The only thing I miss is the sky; the effect of the lake on the cloud formations was friggin' amazing, and there were some breathtakingly awesome late afternoon and evening skies thanks to the epic clouds and westering sun.

Anyway, congrats on the upcoming wedding Dave. I wish you long years of health and happiness.

Philip Hamm

Senior HTF Member
Marriage is massively financially positive. The Wedding day itself, OTOH.......

Marriage is wonderful. Rose is the best thing that's ever happened to me.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks