What's new

She-Ra DVDs are coming! (1 Viewer)

Amy Mormino

Supporting Actor
No date yet, but an official announcement was made today (you can read in on tvshowsondvd.com) that the show has been picked up by BCI, the same folks who made the generally fine He-Man releases. Good news indeed!

Interestingly, the news seems to have resulted in BCI's parent company's stock going up 2% in one hour. Evidently the He-Man releases have been quite financially successful.

Paul Miller

Supporting Actor
It only makes sense to have BCI pick up She-Ra since they have been releasing the He-Man episodes and for the most part, have been doing a fabulous job. Really good pickup by BCI and I think She-Ra will sell very well for them.

Paul

Shaun

Second Unit
I hope they release the Secret of the Sword separately. This was a He-Man/She-Ra movie that was actually released to theaters and comprised of the first 5 episodes of the She-Ra series. I thought it was really well done. I wasn't really a fan of the She-Ra series growing up, since I'm a guy. But I usually watched it whenever I knew He-man was going to make an appearance. I just can't see myself purchasing a season set just to get my hands on those 5 episodes.

Jason_V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
If it has anything to do with He-Man and/or She-Ra, I'm getting it. End of story. Even New Adventures of He-Man...

Fantastically excellent news, though this will prolly not come out until 2007 at the earliest.

Daniel-M

Second Unit
Maybe a little off-topic, but i hope BCI picks up the 2002 version of He-man too. Truly one of the best cartoons ever

Andrew Radke

Screenwriter
Real Name
Andrew Radke

I couldn't agree more. Now that BCI owns the rights to both He-Man & She-Ra, there is absolutely no reason NOT to release "The Secret of the Sword". I would pick this up in a heartbeat. Although my preference was "He-Man", I remember somewhat watching "She-Ra" as a kid. Much like Shaun above, I was basically looking for the crossover episodes where He-Man would appear.

I will definitely pick up "She-Ra" when it becomes available though. It would be a great companion to the MOTU series.

I will NOT be getting "The New Adventures of He-Man" though. I don't remember EVER seeing that show, and from the screencaps and video clips I've come across, it doesn't look like something I'd be very interested in.

Guido

Stunt Coordinator
As for Secret of the Sword, the five separate eps were longer than the SOS movie, so maybe both ways, or the extended on an SOS release?

Either way, I hope She-Ra is as well done as the MOTU sets.

Amy Mormino

Supporting Actor
I wouldn't be surprised if Secret of the Sword got a separate release. Actually, since She-Ra's audience was smaller given that its girly reputation limited its potential audience, it might make sense to release a DVD set of all the She-Ra episodes that feature He-Man.

Angela_K

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Angela
That's great, I love She-Ra, I remember watching He-Man and She-Ra with my brother :D

David Williams

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Williams

I have to add my vote for this one. While I avidly watched the series as a kid (for some reason I thought Catra had the coolest villian power), I think the only release I'd be interested in owning is the movie.

Joe:C

Second Unit
I believe "BCI Guy" at He-Man.org had said they would release Secret of the Sword instead of a "best-of" like they did He-Man. So, that may see a release before the first box set. If I'm able to find the exact quote I'll post a link.

Will_C

Second Unit
Real Name
Will
I was thinking the same thing about releasing SotS instead of a best of set to test the waters like they did with MotU. However, I think alot of guys who wouldn't admit to watching this show will pick it up along with MotU. '80's cartoons were awesome, and She-Ra stands well with the others as far as I'm concerned. It's a definite buy for me.

JohnS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Steffens
I'll definitely pick this up!
The Christmas special really made me get excited for She-ra.

just as long as they do equal treatment extra wise.

Sean Laughter

Screenwriter
She-Ra had a much catchier theme song. :D I actually, did like that song alot though, had more of a pop feel and a rather more infectious melodic line than the He-Man themesong.

I also was fascinated how her transformation sequence was different. I haven't seen any of the He-Man DVDs, but I'm sure Adam changed into He-Man during a bright flash of light - one second Adam, the next He-Man. But I liked how Adora (sp?) had this kind of "glitter" that fell down and as it passed in front of her she changed into She-Ra. I know, I like the most ridiculous things.

I haven't seen either one in so long I have no room to judge, but I don't remember She-Ra being overtly too girly. The only thing I remember feeling was too girly was the fact that she rode a unicorn and maybe the Crystal Castle.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks