What's new

Disney+ She-Hulk: Attorney at Law (Marvel Cinematic Universe) (1 Viewer)

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
The trailer is up. It confirms the August 17 launch date and a new subtitle. The show is now called She-Hulk: Attorney at Law.

Note that Bruce appears here as Smart Hulk from Endgame again even though he was just Bruce with no Hulk when we last saw him in the post-credits scene of Shang-Chi and the Legend of the Ten Rings.

Also, here's a poster via Disney social media.

281605780_10158816985690954_9193750931753359052_n.jpg

Last edited:

Desslar

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Stephen
Looks better than I would have thought. But not sure why they went with a subtitle that invites comparison with Harvey Birdman. Unless wacky comedy is going to be the focus.

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
I think they've said that it is a comedy series. That being said, I expect that colloquially most people will just refer to it as She-Hulk regardless of the subtitle.

Joe Wong

Senior HTF Member
Loved the trailer, though I thought the CGI of She-Hulk was a little too cartoony? Maybe it was intentional, but it didn't mesh as smoothly with the surroundings.

Sean Bryan

Sean Bryan
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sean
Looks better than I would have thought. But not sure why they went with a subtitle that invites comparison with Harvey Birdman. Unless wacky comedy is going to be the focus.
As Jake said, it is supposed to be a comedy.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
Some of the CG She-Hulk shots were surprisingly iffy, given that they put them in the trailer. I think part of it is that she looks more human as She-Hulk than Ruffalo does as Hulk, so you get more of an uncanny valley effect. Yeah, she's like eight feet tall. But it's still basically Maslany's face, only green.

It does appear that she'll be going back and forth between her human and Hulk form, at least initially.

Desslar

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Stephen
I think they've said that it is a comedy series. That being said, I expect that colloquially most people will just refer to it as She-Hulk regardless of the subtitle.
That's great. It is about time we got an outright comedy with a major hero (I guess there was Shazam also - haven't seen that yet). Still crossing my fingers that we'll get a parody-style version of Super Friends one day, and What The--?! would also be fun to see on screen in some form.

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
Some of the CG She-Hulk shots were surprisingly iffy, given that they put them in the trailer. I think part of it is that she looks more human as She-Hulk than Ruffalo does as Hulk, so you get more of an uncanny valley effect. Yeah, she's like eight feet tall. But it's still basically Maslany's face, only green.

It does appear that she'll be going back and forth between her human and Hulk form, at least initially.
I haven’t read a SheHulk comic in over 40 years, but I do recall that she was not the monster the Hulk was. She retained more of herself. Also, as the show is a comedy, it’s likely based on the late 80s run of the book, in which the character was shown to be glamorous and green.

I’m looking forward to this.

Someone remind me who the show runner is?

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
I haven’t read a SheHulk comic in over 40 years, but I do recall that she was not the monster the Hulk was. She retained more of herself. Also, as the show is a comedy, it’s likely based on the late 80s run of the book, in which the character was shown to be glamorous and green.
Yeah, her look is pretty comics accurate. My comment was just speaking to the fact that her being more human-looking is probably why the CG doesn't hold up as well. The closer something gets to being human, the better our brains are at picking up on the flaws.

Someone remind me who the show runner is?
Jessica Gao, probably most well-known for writing the "Pickle Rick" episode of "Rick & Morty".

Chris Will

Screenwriter
Real Name
Chris WIlliams
Since I don't read the comics, I knew nothing about She-Hulk and this took me by surprise in the trailer. I even said to my wife "of course female hulk has to still look all sexy and beautiful while male hulk looks like a monster." My wife, who is familiar with the comics, then told me that it was how she was in the comics, although with more clothes. She remembers She-Hulk wearing very, very skimpy clothes in the comics.

I'm not gonna lie, it kind of gave me Shrek vibes.

Joe Wong

Senior HTF Member
Here's how Abomination and Wong may be connected to She-Hulk (pic on the left is from Shang-Chi):

I'm guessing Bruce and Abomination have been working together...

The Obsolete Man

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Byrne's run in the 80s and 90s will probably be an inspiration, but this is Dan Slott's 2004-2007 run almost exactly. The law firm that handles superheroes, the big green Ally McBeal feel, if there's a partner above her who has it out for her for seemingly no reason, then it's definitely Slott's run.

Francois Caron

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
François Caron
The trailer is up. It confirms the August 17 launch date and a new subtitle. The show is now called She-Hulk: Attorney at Law.

Seeing her carry her date to I assume the bedroom reminded me of one thing:

Snu Snu. :D

This looks like it'll be pretty silly. I'll definitely give it a shot. After the last two years, I really need a good laugh.

jayembee

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jerry
Since I don't read the comics, I knew nothing about She-Hulk and this took me by surprise in the trailer. I even said to my wife "of course female hulk has to still look all sexy and beautiful while male hulk looks like a monster." My wife, who is familiar with the comics, then told me that it was how she was in the comics, although with more clothes. She remembers She-Hulk wearing very, very skimpy clothes in the comics.

I'm not gonna lie, it kind of gave me Shrek vibes.

That was pretty par for the course with Marvel. Even back in the 1960s, when the Skrulls appeared in Fantastic Four and The Avengers, the male Skrulls looked all lizardy, like the Skrulls in the Captain Marvel film. When we saw female Skrulls for the first time, they looked like normal (beautiful) human females with green skin.

The thing about She-Hulk, though, was that when John Byrne was drawing her in Fantastic Four, absolutely no one complained that she looked gorgeous and sexy.:eek:

jayembee

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jerry
Byrne's run in the 80s and 90s will probably be an inspiration, but this is Dan Slott's 2004-2007 run almost exactly. The law firm that handles superheroes, the big green Ally McBeal feel, if there's a partner above her who has it out for her for seemingly no reason, then it's definitely Slott's run.
Pretty much like Hawkeye was solidly the Matt Fraction / David Aja series. I was gobsmacked that they adapted F/A that faithfully.

The Obsolete Man

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Pretty much like Hawkeye was solidly the Matt Fraction / David Aja series. I was gobsmacked that they adapted F/A that faithfully.
Well, let's be fair, Hawkeye didn't have much to draw from as far as solo stories went. It was pretty much Fraction and Aja or nothing.

The fact that it happens to be a very beloved story helped. But there weren't gobs of Hawkeye stories to draw from. Even Shulkie has more, and she's had, what, 4 good series totaling around 150 issues in a little over 40 years.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks