What's new

Disney+ She-Hulk: Attorney at Law (Marvel Cinematic Universe) (1 Viewer)

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
I am constantly amazed that people can get mad that a show or movie’s tone or content don’t meet their pre defined expectations and that they don’t have the self awareness to say “well that’s what the show IS, not what I wanted it to be”

Who is getting mad?

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
No.
Only for specific info on my tv. I never venture into any discussion areas.

Walter Kittel

Senior HTF Member
During Monday Night Football there was a Disney+ / Hulu commercial and in that promo we get a very brief shot of She-Hulk in her new costume. It looked very similar to the artwork posted by @Jeff Cooper in post #205 of this thread. Perhaps this week it will be unveiled. (?)

- Walter.

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
Purple does complement Hulk Green quite nicely.

Toys on store shelves also sometimes spoil costume details.

Hasbro-Marvel-Legends-Series-Disney-Plus-She-Hulk-6-in-Action-Figure

Last edited:

Walter Kittel

Senior HTF Member
Finished episode 7 a little while ago. If you are enjoying the tone of the series then you will probably like the episode, if not then you won't. I do think the series has been pretty consistent in that regard.

We get some movement on the efforts to secure a blood sample from Jen / She-Hulk. It was pretty obvious in episode six that Josh would be involved, and this episode confirms that suspicion. Some of the weaker writing for the series to date, IMO. It really felt telegraphed. I am sure it was designed to continue to introduce trouble in Jen's love life, but I thought it could have been handled better.

In the episode Jen is dealing with Josh "ghosting" her and it seems not well thought out on Josh's part. Better to continue dating so as not to arouse suspicions I'd argue.

Despite that criticism, the series remains enjoyable mostly on the strength of Maslany's participation. In this episode she goes to Emil Blonsky's retreat (how could he afford this place?) and ends up interacting with a number of members of a self-help group in a fun parody of those sorts of establishments. Nice to see Blonsky (Tim Roth) again.

No Daredevil, no suit, and no post credits sequence this week.

Some of the early scenes are set at Jen's home and I was sort of struck by how spotless the household looked. While it didn't really take me out of the show, it didn't feel like a place where someone actually lived. A very minor observation.

My overall impression was that this was a slightly weaker episode in some respects.

- Walter.

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
Some of the early scenes are set at Jen's home and I was sort of struck by how spotless the household looked. While it didn't really take me out of the show, it didn't feel like a place where someone actually lived. A very minor observation.
When I was single some people said this about my house. 😅

That montage and how it was shot with overlapping Jens also made me think it was a specific call out / homage to her Orphan Black days.

If viewers weren't wise to Josh's true motives from the beginning, Saracen yelling "he was after her blood" was a big tip off.

Josh Dial

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Dial
This was my favourite episode so far. Great performances from Tatiana Maslany and Tim Roth. I really like how Tim Roth moves through a scene and just his overall body language--it reminds me a bit of his character on Lie To Me.

The group session was actually sort of heartwarming.

There's a niche for this type of show in the MCU, and She-Hulk has slid right in.

The effects continue to be dodgy (though this was the best week). But I've sort of just moved on and stopped thinking about it.

This show is a nice addition to my week.

Also: I love Haim and was happy to hear their song Now I'm In It open the episode.

Walter Kittel

Senior HTF Member
Forgot to mention, I really enjoyed some of the signage at Emil's retreat.

"ABOMASTE" :)

I really like how Tim Roth moves through a scene and just his overall body language

I would agree. His body language in this episode felt very expressive.

- Walter.

Joe Wong

Senior HTF Member
I found this week's episode to be more humorous than last week's, though it didn't connect with the main storyline until the end. Now the last 2 episodes will hopefully focus on that main threat.

It's amazing to see the change in Emil Blonsky, from a hardened military type to a new-age, meditative, self-help guru!

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
I still don't entirely trust him. I keep expecting him to turn out to be a villain.

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
I thought this one was pretty damn funny. Never in a million years did I think I’d see Porcupine, Man-Bull and El Aguila in the MCU. I laughed so hard and when my wife and kids asked who they were, I said they’re D-level Spider-Man villains from like 40 years ago. Cheers to Marvel for laughing at the absurdities in their own universe.

Never trusted Josh. He was too perfect. Great montage of them dating though. That’s the kind of normal life stuff you never see in the MCU.

Last edited:

Clinton McClure

Rocket Science Department
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Clint
Finished episode 7 a little while ago. If you are enjoying the tone of the series then you will probably like the episode, if not then you won't. I do think the series has been pretty consistent in that regard.

We get some movement on the efforts to secure a blood sample from Jen / She-Hulk. It was pretty obvious in episode six that Josh would be involved, and this episode confirms that suspicion. Some of the weaker writing for the series to date, IMO. It really felt telegraphed. I am sure it was designed to continue to introduce trouble in Jen's love life, but I thought it could have been handled better.

In the episode Jen is dealing with Josh "ghosting" her and it seems not well thought out on Josh's part. Better to continue dating so as not to arouse suspicions I'd argue.

Despite that criticism, the series remains enjoyable mostly on the strength of Maslany's participation. In this episode she goes to Emil Blonsky's retreat (how could he afford this place?) and ends up interacting with a number of members of a self-help group in a fun parody of those sorts of establishments. Nice to see Blonsky (Tim Roth) again.

No Daredevil, no suit, and no post credits sequence this week.

My overall impression was that this was a slightly weaker episode in some respects.

- Walter.
If you had seen photos of how spartan my place was when I was single… I literally had a worn out Lugz boot holding the bathroom door open and its mate was a coffee table “flowerpot”. Very little furniture and no pictures on the walls. There was a bed, a sofa, and a home theater. What else would a single guy need? Lol

jayembee

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jerry
I found this week's episode to be more humorous than last week's, though it didn't connect with the main storyline until the end.
I disagree. From my perspective, the "main storyline" is Jen embracing her existence as She-Hulk. While she's come to see some advantages in her alter ego, she's still fighting for her desire to be Just Jen. If nothing else, it was what Bruce was really trying to teach her in the first episode. He wasn't truly happy with his circumstances until he merged his two identities into one. Jen has it easier in that mentally/psychologically she's still Jen regardless of which body she's in.

The conflict part of the storyline is just a means to get there, but it's not -- again, from my perspective -- what it's all about.

It's amazing to see the change in Emil Blonsky, from a hardened military type to a new-age, meditative, self-help guru!

I still don't entirely trust him. I keep expecting him to turn out to be a villain.

I must admit that when the Wrecking Crew guy showed up at the retreat, I started to wonder if Blonsky is "Hulk King". But I don't like that idea. For one, it seems too obvious. For two, as Joe says, Blonsky's transformation is "amazing", and I don't want to see a backslide.

I'm still inclined to believe that Hulk King is Todd. The leading theory (no pun intended) on the interwebs seems to be The Leader, since he's been announced as being the Big Bad in the next Captain America film. But I'm still going with Todd, as it wouldn't seem quite fair for HK to be someone who hasn't been in the episodes so far. But then, as they say, life isn't fair.

I do have to wonder how Josh got some of Jennifer's blood. I can't imagine she wouldn't notice getting jabbed with a needle. Unless she was seriously drunk (which wouldn't be overly unlikely) or he roofied her. Then again, given what they got up to, he might've thought that another bodily fluid would be just as useful.

For the record, my wife had thought that The Porcupine would turn out to be Josh, and that was why he didn't want to remove his costume. And by the by, for those who aren't familar with the comics, El Águila, Man-Bull, The Porcupine, and Saracen are all supervillains from various Marvel comics. Although Saracen in the comics isn't a vampire (unless they've made him one since he fought The Punisher back in the day).

Joe Wong

Senior HTF Member
I disagree. From my perspective, the "main storyline" is Jen embracing her existence as She-Hulk. While she's come to see some advantages in her alter ego, she's still fighting for her desire to be Just Jen. If nothing else, it was what Bruce was really trying to teach her in the first episode. He wasn't truly happy with his circumstances until he merged his two identities into one. Jen has it easier in that mentally/psychologically she's still Jen regardless of which body she's in.
Good point - my wording was off. I meant to say "main threat", which is in my 2nd sentence!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks