What's new

Disney+ She-Hulk: Attorney at Law (Marvel Cinematic Universe) (1 Viewer)

Joe Wong

Senior HTF Member
I understand why some people are frustrated that Wong seems out of character compared to many of his previous appearances, but I'm loving this version of him.

The Ancient One was Sorcerer Supreme for untold centuries, and Doctor Strange was destined to be her successor. Wong only got the job because Stephen Strange blipped, and now he's dutifully trudging through while indulging his passions (like "The Sopranos" and "This Is Us") on the side.

I wouldn't say I'm loving it, but it's definitely growing on me.

It's kind of a delicate thing. In Deadpool, the title character breaks the fourth wall and is completely aware that he's in a movie the entire time. In this show, Jen seems to step out of herself and survey things objectively. But then, when she turns away from the camera, it's like the fourth wall breaking aside never happened and she's back in the reality of the moment.

I thought this was funny, and I'd honestly probably watch it if they actually made it:

It's worthwhile recalling that Wong had a taste of pop culture in Dr Strange, when he listens to Beyonce.

So it's not out-of-character that he's now watching The Sopranos and the like.

I also liked how Madisynn called him Wongers... :D

Joe Wong

Senior HTF Member
One question:

why is Donny Blaze allowed to keep his Kamar-Taj sling ring (which is used to generate the portals)?

Walter Kittel

Senior HTF Member
One question:

why is Donny Blaze allowed to keep his Kamar-Taj sling ring (which is used to generate the portals)?

100% Speculation. That action might be laying the groundwork for his character to figure meaningfully in a future episode, perhaps in a 'come to the rescue' moment or something else redemptive. Given the actor's real world status I would not be surprised to see another appearance down the line.

FWIW, I wouldn't mind seeing Madisynn and 'Wongers' (hah!) together in future episodes or some other content on the platform.

- Walter.

Joe Wong

Senior HTF Member
100% Speculation. That action might be laying the groundwork for his character to figure meaningfully in a future episode, perhaps in a 'come to the rescue' moment or something else redemptive. Given the actor's real world status I would not be surprised to see another appearance down the line.

FWIW, I wouldn't mind seeing Madisynn and 'Wongers' (hah!) together in future episodes or some other content on the platform.

- Walter.

You may have something there, given his last name!

Another explanation could be that Donny absconded with one when he quit Kamar-Taj.

But one would think Wong, once he realised what was happening, would have immediately taken the ring away to prevent Donny from generating new portals or causing more harm.

jayembee

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jerry
I can't remember...does Ned still have his sling-ring? If so, from where does he think he got it? His only connection to Dr. Strange would've been through his being friends with Peter.

spshultz

Supporting Actor
Real Name
John Ratzen
When drunken Madisynn popped up on the screen, she kind of reminded me of Cecily Strong's character on SNL in the skit "Girl you wished you hadn't started a conversation with at a party".

Francois Caron

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
François Caron
Well that sucked! She reverts back to her normal self, and her date loses complete interest in her! Definitely not worthy of Death by Snu-Snu!

Can't imagine just how pickled Madisynn's liver must be by now.

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
I think they could have handled that a little differently as why wouldn't he just ask her to change back and then it would be her dumping him for not accepting both sides of her?

Also, endless speculation about how that night of theirs went. 😅

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
How bad are the sex jokes/references? My wife has been reading about them and now doesn't want to let our kids watch it, especially because of the credit scene in this first episode. They have seen everything MCU related so far, except the Netflix shows.
I didn’t see another comment by Chris so wondering what he did.
Watch it first before letting the children is the way to go.
Definitely enjoyed this episode. It follows through with the events from the first episode. With eevrything now in place, the next episodes should now get us into the legal work angle of the series.

I wonder if the Legal Eagle will do reaction videos of this series.
Not sure what you mean.

I’m enjoying the show.
Would like longer episodes.
The stingers are mostly just funny jokes they added on.

Hulk leaning on the ship could be leading up to World War Hulk?

I watched all 4 last night and may have missed it but why are they letting Abomination out of jail?

Walter Kittel

Senior HTF Member
Episode five continues with the story line that was setup at the end of episode four, the legal battle between Jen and Titania over the trademarking of the name She-Hulk. 'Pug' and Nikki have some fun scenes together in the B plot, pursuing fashion geared towards She-Hulk. The episode ends with a couple of teasers but no post-credits scene. Leave the audience wanting more is the maxim, I suppose.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
There was one bit during the credits when they showed a watercolor of his sneaker closet and many as yet unseen Marvel figures were represented by sneakers.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
I think they updated the clips used in the Marvel Studios logo for this episode, too. It's the first time I can recall seeing Ms. Marvel in it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks