What's new

She Dropped The Bomb (1 Viewer)

Ted Lee

Senior HTF Member
Never do anything "stupid" until you know it's really OVER with the other person
a little anecdote for ya all. i knew a guy who got dumped by his gfriend. so he and his roomates decided to have a ritualistic burning of a stuffed animal that she had given him. they nailed it to the fence (and by nailed i mean stuck a knife through it) and poured gasoline all over it and burned it.

funny thing is the couple got back together but he forgot about the burning.

guess what she saw when she came over? :laugh:

anyway, back on topic.

this is a tough call. everyone may be right that this chick is just high-maintenance....but there may be a flip side too.

when i first started dating my gfriend, we used to get in some really silly fights. just misunderstandings about stupid stuff. after a while i think we both realized we just didn't know eachother very well yet. small things can seem like such a big deal at first...but over time you realize it's "just the way it is".

i obviously don't know which side you're on, but i'm just saying it's another viewpoint to consider.

i know you're bummed and i feel for ya...best of luck.

Noah Gottula

Stunt Coordinator
Obviously if you're out looking for women this quick your girlfriend didn't mean much to you in the first place.

Mark C Sherman

Second Unit
Obviously if you're out looking for women this quick your girlfriend didn't mean much to you in the first place.
It was meant as a joke. Thats all. I still care about my ex way tooo much. for that. Im gonna take some time and relax if something happens with the EX it happens But I am not going out looking any time soon

Eve T

Supporting Actor
Forget about the both of them and get a dog.
Theres much truth to be said about "mans best friend".
Dogs don't bitch at you, they don't hang up on you, and if you burn one of their stuffed animals they just gaze blankly at you and wag their tails......

But seriously, I think you should move on and find someone that is willing to listen to you when you have an argument instead of just shutting you out. That's very selfish no matter how angry someone is....

Back to that roomate...why isn't she living with her fiance/boyfriend?

Yee-Ming

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Yee Ming Lim
Back to that roomate...why isn't she living with her fiance/boyfriend?
good question. but it may be that the little hottie and her boyfriend aren't ready in their relationship to take it to that level.

some years ago, one of my buddys was renting a flat, which he shared with another fellow. when their lease ended, the other guy moved out to room with some other friends. my buddy needed a new roommate, and wound up rooming (still same flat, renewed the lease) with a girl who was the girlfriend of another buddy of ours.

she didn't move in with her boyfriend, possibly because his other roommates didn't want another person in the house, maybe his flat was too far from her office; curiously it meant that her boyfriend was over at my buddy's place a lot more often than before :D

so there could be any number of reasons. or maybe the boyfriend still lives with his folks?

Leila Dougan

Screenwriter
And maybe, just maybe, she doesn't want to live with her fiance before marriage. Perhaps living with Mark is "okay" because she doesn't intend on marrying him.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
In hindsight, if you really wanted your GF back, you should have taken steps to not offend her sensibilities in terms of your tenuous relationship with her. That includes not letting a friend's GF stay with you. It sends out all the wrong signals, and communicates (unintentionally by you) that you may be moving on, and as the adage goes, "actions speak louder than words."

It's best to give off no hint of impropriety than to allow someone's imagination and insecurities get the best of them. But perhaps in the long run, this now ex-GF was not right for you, and things happen for a reason.

Aurel Savin

Supporting Actor
I don't want to be "IN THERE" with my roommate. I want My EX back in the worst way. I miss her OK.
My best friend who has one of the healthiest relationshisp with his wife that I have ever seen, lives by one cardinal rule with her.

They never talk to a third party about their problems and misunderstandings. I have honestly never heard him complain to me about anything about her. They work everything out themselves right away and in an honest manner. This is not saying that they do not have problems, they do, but their love for each other is so strong that they are best friends first and foremost and do not need to involve strangers into it. I wish I could be like that .. so instead I am passing this advice to you hoping maybe it will help you :)

So, it sounds like you need to realy tell HER your feelings and be vulnerable. If she does not see your true feelings for her, then let it be. Be honest!

Hunter P

Screenwriter
Happy VD, everyone! Wear a raincoat.

Mark, did you break down and send something to your ex today?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leif_sauce
Recent bookmarks