What's new

Shazam -- cool iPhone app (1 Viewer)

Brian Perry

Senior HTF Member
Just got the new iPhone a few days ago and I'm loving just about everything about it. As a Blackberry convert, my main concern was the keyboard, but that hasn't been much of a problem. The thought that went into the iPhone interface is really remarkable.

One of the free applications I loaded is this neat music recognition program called Shazam. When you hit the Start button, the iPhone listens for about 10 seconds to whatever music is playing (on your home stereo, car, or wherever) and then tells you the song title/artist/album. I tried it on about 15 songs, during different sections (both vocal and instrumentalal, guitar solo, etc.) and it was 100% correct.

It is kind of freaky to think that the millions of songs that have been scanned can be identified that quickly by some computer algorithm.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
that is a god app.
there has been some talk on it over in the apple section of htf.

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
I'm positive I could stymie it, but it sounds like a cool app. The real-life version of GTA IV's Zit!.

Andrew Pratt

Senior HTF Member
...that same thought goes into all Apple products and is why Mac users are so passionate about their computers...its the nuances that add up to make the experience what it is.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks