What's new

Shawshank Redemption: 10th Anniversary 2-disc Edition - 10/05 (1 Viewer)

Haden

Supporting Actor
Digital Bits posted this awhile back... brand new original artwork by Drew Struzan for the upcoming special edition DVD cover. I'm surprised they commissioned "poster art" from Struzan just for a DVD release. It must be a really special edition we're getting :)

Haden

Supporting Actor
Digital Bits posted this awhile back... brand new original artwork by Drew Struzan for the upcoming special edition DVD cover. I'm surprised they commissioned "poster art" from Struzan just for a DVD release. It must be a really special edition we're getting :)

MikeEckman

Screenwriter
I remember hearing that an audio commentary with at least Morgan Freeman was recorded at one point, but the director was against any special features and wanted the movie to stand on its own.

Is Warner going against the director's wishes, or has his opinion changed since then?

MikeEckman

Screenwriter
I remember hearing that an audio commentary with at least Morgan Freeman was recorded at one point, but the director was against any special features and wanted the movie to stand on its own.

Is Warner going against the director's wishes, or has his opinion changed since then?

Harold Wazzu

Supporting Actor
Looks like I will be trading in my current version for the new release. Don't think I'll splurge for the deluxe boxset or whatever unless I hear really really good things about the book that's included.

Harold Wazzu

Supporting Actor
Looks like I will be trading in my current version for the new release. Don't think I'll splurge for the deluxe boxset or whatever unless I hear really really good things about the book that's included.

DougFND

Stunt Coordinator

That would surprise me. I read a few years ago that Freeman considered the shooting of that film to be a terrible experience.

I think an EW writer was interviewing him about some of his work and he wouldn't even discuss "Shawshank". I think he said something like "Let's not talk about that one". The article then made some reference to on-set problems, possibly with Darabont.

DougFND

Stunt Coordinator

That would surprise me. I read a few years ago that Freeman considered the shooting of that film to be a terrible experience.

I think an EW writer was interviewing him about some of his work and he wouldn't even discuss "Shawshank". I think he said something like "Let's not talk about that one". The article then made some reference to on-set problems, possibly with Darabont.

Ray H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ray
Darabont seems to have changed his mind. He's even recording a commentary for this release.

Ray H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ray
Darabont seems to have changed his mind. He's even recording a commentary for this release.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks