What's new

ShawScope Volume Two coming this Christmas Timeframe from Arrow (1 Viewer)

dana martin

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dana Martin
Well Arrow Video is at it once again and this year offering up another slice of the Shaw Brothers in another massive 14 film box set, just prior to the holiday season. and some of the discussion on the "other" forum is that this is just more of the beginning as Arrow have plans to release 4 volumes in total.

1660493279269.png

and just like last year not to steal Ron's thunder on official release announcements, just going to link to the information page at Arrow.

https://www.arrowfilms.com/blu-ray/shawscope-volume-two-limited-edition/13941079.html

as discussed, previously, they do have a North American distributer now , and a couple of other places online that do deal in gerne titles that have really great preorder prices set up this week of announcing. Others have stated that this should also come out around the same time as possibly B&N "November" Criterion/Arrow 50% off sale, for those that may not want to just jump straight into it, right now.

if anything , hopes this helps some others out that feel the need, for some old time Kung- Fu this upcoming holiday season! :D

here for your viewing pleasure

Last edited:

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
Still working my way through the first volume, but glad to hear there's a second on the way. It occurred to me too late to get Volume 1 as part of the B&N Arrow sale, but I'll be looking to do so with this second volume, and other Arrow releases as lately they've been putting out titles that are more "must haves" to me than some Criterions.

UPDATE: Just watched the trailer / read through the films included. 36th Chamber!!!

Capt D McMars

Bernuli Tech Vet
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd Doc Sigmier
Well Arrow Video is at it once again and this year offering up another slice of the Shaw Brothers in another massive 14 film box set, just prior to the holiday season. and some of the discussion on the "other" forum is that this is just more of the beginning as Arrow have plans to release 4 volumes in total.

View attachment 148647

and just like last year not to steal Ron's thunder on official release announcements, just going to link to the information page at Arrow.

https://www.arrowfilms.com/blu-ray/shawscope-volume-two-limited-edition/13941079.html

as discussed, previously, they do have a North American distributer now , and a couple of other places online that do deal in gerne titles that have really great preorder prices set up this week of announcing. Others have stated that this should also come out around the same time as possibly B&N "November" Criterion/Arrow 50% off sale, for those that may not want to just jump straight into it, right now.

if anything , hopes this helps some others out that feel the need, for some old time Kung- Fu this upcoming holiday season! :D

here for your viewing pleasure

kung fu like a girl GIF by Shaw Brothers

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
I guess I'm not sure how that jibes with Arrow's description that Volume 2 "...draws together many of the best films from the final years of the Shaw Brothers studio..." If there are 2 more volumes, what would be in them if the studio was folding? Since there are no shortage of films, I'm guessing these third and fourth volumes would be some seriously "deep cuts" in the back catalog.
Arrow have plans to release 4 volumes in total

David Norman

Premium
Senior HTF Member
UK set releasing Nov 21. US sets appears to have a Nov 22 date.

People are already trying to figure in the BN Arrow Nov sale will apply or not. With the recent sale being offset 2 weeks from the Criterion sale that has thrown a bit of a wrench into the works.

Kent K H

Supporting Actor
I don't know how deep they'll have to go. Might depend on how many of the films have been licensed individually to other companies. But I would hope Super Inframan will be in one of the next two.

Regardless, I ordered it day one from Diabolic for $120.

dana martin

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dana Martin
I don't know how deep they'll have to go. Might depend on how many of the films have been licensed individually to other companies. But I would hope Super Inframan will be in one of the next two.

Regardless, I ordered it day one from Diabolic for $120.
I was ended up using Grindhouse Video, the guys in located Knoxville TN, and at $124 it comes with free shipping which saves me a couple of bucks, and he ships super fast, not like media mail. At least every time I have used it.

Last edited:

dana martin

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dana Martin
I guess I'm not sure how that jibes with Arrow's description that Volume 2 "...draws together many of the best films from the final years of the Shaw Brothers studio..." If there are 2 more volumes, what would be in them if the studio was folding? Since there are no shortage of films, I'm guessing these third and fourth volumes would be some seriously "deep cuts" in the back catalog.
also thinking along the lines of how Warner Archive sort of does it's thing, what is in the best condition, is probably easier to work with, so by that assumption the newer the film, the less problematic do have a release possibly, and the Other titles will require longer to be presentable for a release. IMO, I am just happy that Arrow decided to tackle this, and try and make it as comprehensive as they have.

and well we will just have to wait and see if a vol 3 and vol 4 will show up, but combined that could include wat another 24 films?, Not too shabby in my book, but def need more Venom Mob!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks