What's new

Shaw Brothers / Police Story DVD's (1 Viewer)

Matthew Brown

Supporting Actor
Can anybody confirm if the newly released Region 3 Shaw Brothers DVD's are anamorphic or not? I have a very bad feeling that they aren't anamorphic.
I can't believe with all the trouble to remaster these that they would be non-anamorphic.

We may never see a decent Region 1 release of these movies. Celestial, the dirstributor wants to sell the whole enchilada of titles and wants them all put out. Most companies can't afford to release every title. This sets things up for Miramax to buy these titles and cut and dub them or just sit on the titles so nobody else can release them.

On a side note, Jackie Chan's POLICE STORY 1, 2, and 3 (SUPERCOP) have been re-released as Region 0 DVD's by Deltamac. If you ever wanted to see the uncut, undubbed SUPERCOP, here's your chance.

Matt

Ushabye

Projectionist
Real Name
Paul
I got that new re-release of POLICE STORY 3: SUPERCOP last week. It's great finally to see it in its propper 2:35 format and uncut. Plus it was either THE first or one of the first HK films to use actual sound. It's the first Jackie Chan film where we actually here is real voice! This aspect really boosts the film and it FEELS like a big hollywood action flick (although of course far more inventive!)

Plus listen to Maggie Cheung's posh English accent! Worth the purchase price alone.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks