Shaun Of The Dead - UK Region 2 DVD Review

Discussion in 'DVD' started by Chris_Marin, Aug 12, 2004.

1. Chris_Marin

Chris_Marin Stunt Coordinator

You can find our detailed review of the UK Shaun Of The Dead DVD (due for release on September 9th) here.

2. Jacob McCraw

Jacob McCraw Stunt Coordinator

Just watched this last night. This is one of the funniest movies I have ever seen. This is definitely an instant classic at my house that will be required viewing for all guests. I have hardly scratched the surface of the copious special features, but I can wholeheartedly recommend this DVD.[​IMG]

3. Peter Svensson

Peter Svensson Second Unit

Personally I would go for the HMV Limited Edition with a slipcase, poster an comic.

4. TedT

TedT Second Unit

My copy still hasn't been sent out yet by amazon.co.uk! I put in my order over 2 weeks ago!

I got the exclusive cover. Did I blow it? I guess I can still cancel my order and re-order the other version.

5. Jon B NY

Jon B NY Stunt Coordinator

Ted - this is the reason I didn't preorder the exclusive cover version. They claimed it would be shipped in something like 2 weeks. That's a crazy amount of waiting for a cover.

I got the regular edition in my mailbox on Saturday. The DVD rocks! Best movie I've seen in years.

6. Ronn.W

Ronn.W Second Unit

Got mine in the mail from amazon.co.uk the actualy day of release in the UK! (Live in the states) I was quite pleased.

This is one of the best movies I've seen, hands down. Too many god jokes to mention, but definitely listen to whatever the TV annonucer is saying in the background.

Between 28 Days Later and Shaun of the Dead, hopefully the UK is poised to become the next Italy of zombie films. They have a nice uniqe take on them. Italy seems to be all about gore, US seems to be all about survival, and the UK seems more to be about giving the audience a WTF? reaction.

7. TedT

TedT Second Unit

Ah, I either didn't notice that the limited took 2 weeks to get delivered (highly unlikely) or it was changed after I ordered it (which was sometime last month).

Oh well... I cancelled and re-ordered the normal version. It will be mine. Oh yes!

8. Ronn.W

Ronn.W Second Unit

Sorry to hear that [​IMG] I'm betting they ran short and changed it after you ordered it. It's actually showing completely out of stock now. Guess it really was limited!

9. Jon Martin

Jon Martin Cinematographer

I can't say I share the "funniest movie I've ever seen" praise, but it is a fun film. It isn't up to the cast and crew's TV series SPACED (which is brilliant), but is funny. It feels a bit stretched out.

Worth seeing, but if I saw it in the theatres, I don't think I would have bought it.

10. Jon B NY

Jon B NY Stunt Coordinator

Speaking of SPACED...the 3-disc complete series DVD came out on Tues in the UK.