What's new

Shatner and Nimoy will do commentary for SE reissues of Trek films! (1 Viewer)

Lane F.

Stunt Coordinator
Anyone know how long until we should expect to see the other Star Trek SE dvd's? I know Star Trek II is due out mid 2002, but how soon should we expect III-IX?
I'm debating if I want to open the boxset I just purchased which contains all 9 dvd's, or wait for the reissues....

Dave H

Senior HTF Member
I would hope they don't wait seven or so months between each release. It would be nice, once they get going, to release one more like every few months or so.

Osato

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tim
I would return the box set. I'm sure the Special Editions are on the way for the rest of the series. When is the big question. : )

Mike Mallory

Agent
Tim,
Before I would retire that box set, remember: there are many more formats to come. Next up is HD, which is going to trounce DVD, but still come up short of film resolution.
The only real reason to buy a movie again is for the "special features", which are viewed once, then relegated to the sh** pile. This is exactly what the studios are hoping for. Sure, there are a few big name movies where they actually restore the film, but you could probably count them on one hand.
Todays movies on DVD are nothing compared to the quality of the '97 & '98 releases, when the studios actually cared about the prints themselves, not the special features.
- Mike

Osato

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tim
I have quite a few films (mostly the awesome 007 films) in which I've watched the extras many times. I disagree that extra material and bonus features are watched once on the way to the excrement pile. IMHO, of course.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks