What's new

Sharpvision XV-Z90U (1 Viewer)

Korey

Auditioning
New to the forum but have been researching sub $5k pj for two months. Have narrowed search to Plus Avanti 3200 and Sharpvision XV-Z90U. My concern is the throw distance of the 90U. I am setting this up in an apartment living room with a length of about 16.5feet. Specs on the 90U are that it is about 17feet for a 100" screen. Does anyone have one of these up and running? If so what would you guess is the min throw distance for a 100" 3:4 screen?

Any comments vs the plus 3200?

Neil Joseph

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil Joseph
17ft sound like too much throw for just 100" of screen. I will check the specs for you.

Korey

Auditioning
Thanks Andrew,

I have seen that site but am hoping it is not accurate for the 90u throw distance. I am waiting for a dealer in hfx, ns to get one in next week to see the actual throw distance. Have you seen one of these in action yet?

Bill Lucas

Supporting Actor
If it's a long throw lens then it probably requires 2.4 to 3.2 times the screen WIDTH as a throw. No way around it.

Korey

Auditioning
Have seen a lot of chat on the HS10 but being an lcd projector I am very concerned about Sony's dead pixel policy. I have read that it needs to be 6 or more before they will consider it under warranty. Also screen door is a consideration.

Like the better resolution of the lcd's though.

Thought about Epson 100 but is a bit rich for my blood.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joshua32
Recent bookmarks