Sharpvision XV-Z90U

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Korey, Oct 21, 2002.

1. Korey

Korey Auditioning

New to the forum but have been researching sub $5k pj for two months. Have narrowed search to Plus Avanti 3200 and Sharpvision XV-Z90U. My concern is the throw distance of the 90U. I am setting this up in an apartment living room with a length of about 16.5feet. Specs on the 90U are that it is about 17feet for a 100" screen. Does anyone have one of these up and running? If so what would you guess is the min throw distance for a 100" 3:4 screen?

Any comments vs the plus 3200?

2. Neil Joseph

Neil Joseph Lead Actor

Neil Joseph
    17ft sound like too much throw for just 100" of screen. I will check the specs for you.

3. Korey

Korey Auditioning

Neil,

Any luck with finding the actual specs for the throw distance?

4. Andrew B

Andrew B Agent

Go to this URL on the official Sharp site http://www.sharpusa.com/products/Typ...56,s76,00.html
    It has stats for both the Z90U and the DT200 (look for deatiled specs on the left side tab), the only differance between the 2 that I can tell is that the DT200 has a short throw lens while the Z90U has a long throw lens. Hope this helps.

5. Korey

Korey Auditioning

Thanks Andrew,

I have seen that site but am hoping it is not accurate for the 90u throw distance. I am waiting for a dealer in hfx, ns to get one in next week to see the actual throw distance. Have you seen one of these in action yet?

6. Bill Lucas

Bill Lucas Supporting Actor

If it's a long throw lens then it probably requires 2.4 to 3.2 times the screen WIDTH as a throw. No way around it.

7. Neil Joseph

Neil Joseph Lead Actor

Neil Joseph
    Would you consider any of these projectors....
    Boxlight Home Cinema 17SF
    NEC LT260
    Sony VPL-HS10 Cineza
    ... any of which would be superior to either the Sharp of Plus units. Note that the first two are native 1024x768 while the last one is native 1366x768 and are around the same pricepoint.

8. Korey

Korey Auditioning

Have seen a lot of chat on the HS10 but being an lcd projector I am very concerned about Sony's dead pixel policy. I have read that it needs to be 6 or more before they will consider it under warranty. Also screen door is a consideration.

Like the better resolution of the lcd's though.

Thought about Epson 100 but is a bit rich for my blood.