What's new

Sharpen Infocus X-1 image? (1 Viewer)

Jereme D

Stunt Coordinator
I bought the X-1 a couple of months ago. It's all set up now. I ran Avia on it a couple of weeks ago. I could not get the sharpness pattern to look as they should, and the image in movies and on Xbox is not as sharp as I think it should be. There is no sharpness control for the progressive sources other than the ring on the projector. Is there something else I can do to make the image sharper? I built my own screen using some screen material I bought on eBay. Could that be a problem? I sit about 15 feet from the 80" screen if that makes a difference.

Jereme D

Stunt Coordinator
Has noone else had a similar problem?

I noticed that the X-1 system menus are very sharp while the projected image behind them is not. Is this significant?

Mike Likens

Stunt Coordinator
You may want to try a different hookup to see if you get the same results. Try using the component-to-s adapter and set your player for interlaced output. This setup will allow you to use the sharpness function on the X1 in the setup menu. If you can obtain the sharpness level you desire with this hookup then the problem probably lies with the progressive scan output on your DVD player.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation111
Recent bookmarks