Sharpen Infocus X-1 image?

Discussion in 'Displays' started by Jereme D, Jul 29, 2003.

1. Jereme D

Jereme D Stunt Coordinator

I bought the X-1 a couple of months ago. It's all set up now. I ran Avia on it a couple of weeks ago. I could not get the sharpness pattern to look as they should, and the image in movies and on Xbox is not as sharp as I think it should be. There is no sharpness control for the progressive sources other than the ring on the projector. Is there something else I can do to make the image sharper? I built my own screen using some screen material I bought on eBay. Could that be a problem? I sit about 15 feet from the 80" screen if that makes a difference.

2. Jereme D

Jereme D Stunt Coordinator

Has noone else had a similar problem?

I noticed that the X-1 system menus are very sharp while the projected image behind them is not. Is this significant?

3. Jesse Blacklow

Jesse Blacklow Cinematographer

You might want to check the "Projectors

4. Mike Likens

Mike Likens Stunt Coordinator

You may want to try a different hookup to see if you get the same results. Try using the component-to-s adapter and set your player for interlaced output. This setup will allow you to use the sharpness function on the X1 in the setup menu. If you can obtain the sharpness level you desire with this hookup then the problem probably lies with the progressive scan output on your DVD player.