Sharp XV-Z9000

Discussion in 'Displays' started by JackB, Sep 24, 2003.

1. JackB

JackB Extra

I have the Sharp XV-Z9000, but the Japaneese version. It is only 1 year and 4 months old. I have used it less than 60 hours, and now I have a problem with it. No picture, took it in for service, and they think it is the ballast, about a $300 part. Of course, it is out of warranty, which may not have been honored in this country anyway. Has anyone else experienced a problem with this projector? Does anyone know where I might be able to purchase an extended warranty on it? The dealer I purchased from is apparently out of business.

2. JackB

JackB Extra

FYI - credit card I purchased this on has doubled the warranty, and has so far covered costs of repair, currently they have paid $3404, and I am requesting they replace the input board( it is now working from the svideo, composite, and 15pin computer display connectors, but not component or DVI connectors), that is estimated to be a $700+ part.

3. Neil Joseph

Neil Joseph Lead Actor

Neil Joseph
    So in other words the projector is still under warranty and all repairs will be covered?

4. Michael FF

Michael FF Stunt Coordinator

I currently own a Sharp XV-Z9000----the bulb has 1100 hours on it (I view, on average, a dvd a day) and ,thus far, have had no problems with the projector.
    Question: How does the Japanese version differ from American?
    FACTOID: It recently came to my attention that the filter vent of the projector should be cleaned using a vacuum sweeper hose every 100 hours of use. OOPS!!! (Perhaps one resolution for 2004 will be to read user manuals in their entirity.)