Sharp XV-Z10000U projection distance?

Discussion in 'Displays' started by Richard Mass, Sep 15, 2003.

1. Richard Mass

Richard Mass Agent

The sharp manual shows that the minimum projection distance for a 100" diagonal 16:9 screen is 13'2" and the maximum is 17'11". Is it best to be at one end of the range or the other or right in the middle?

2. Neil Joseph

Neil Joseph Lead Actor

Neil Joseph
    It is better to be at/near the further end of the range than the close one. The reason.... the closer the projector is to the screen, the more noticeable the light from the bulb shining onto the centre of the screen is. The furtehr back the pj is, the more dispersed the light is all over the screen.

3. Richard Mass

Richard Mass Agent

But what about your ability to still be able to zoom in or out or is that not important once you have your projector set up for your screen?

4. David Giles

David Giles Stunt Coordinator

Richard,

Once you have the projector mounted and zoomed correctly to fit your screen, you'll leave the zoom alone. UNLESS you plan on zooming in and out for different ratios (not all that common, but some people do it).

David Giles

5. DaViD Boulet

DaViD Boulet Lead Actor

Richard,

These folks speak the truth [​IMG]

So...are you getting a Sharp 10000K? [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Do you already have your screen? This PJ looks AWESOME with a Firehawk.

6. Richard Mass

Richard Mass Agent

Yes, I plan to get the XV-Z10000U. Now, I am just trying to decide whether to buy locally for the better service or to buy through AVScience, PlanetDTV, or IAVI and save on the unit, installation and sales tax.

And yes, I am planning to go with a fixed 100" 16:9 Stewart Luxus Deluxe Screenwall with the Firehawk material.

Thanks for everyone's help.