What's new

Sharp XV-C1E LCD Projector Modification (1 Viewer)

Mark C

Auditioning
Some months ago I bought a second-hand Sharp XV-C1E LCD Projector (cheap and cheerful, but it does the job). Since then I have become rather annoyed at the size of the pixel image on my screen. You could fly an X-Wing Fighter through them!!

Rather than spend what precious money I have on a new projector, I have been toying with the possibility of being able to modify the Sharp itself.

Does anyone know if it is possible (and electrically safe) to swap the colour lens of this projector with that of another projector (one with a better pixel display)? If so, would it provide a more defined picture, or am I hoping to have my cake and eat it?

I hope you can help.

Mark C.

Thomas Willard

Stunt Coordinator
To improve resolution you would need to change the three lcd panels and related circuitry. This would not be cost effective even if the parts were available. Your best bet is to make due with a smaller image until such time as you can upgrade to a better projector.

ChrisWiggles

Senior HTF Member
You might try defocusing it a tad, this can help a little bit with the SDE. Other than that, just a better digital projector, or a CRT.

Mark C

Auditioning
Thanks guys.

I guess it's time to send Santa a letter and beg my wife for more pocketmoney. Ho Ho Ho, indeed!!

Have a great festive season.

Mark C.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maanw2357
Recent bookmarks