Sharp vs Runco Front Projector

Discussion in 'Displays' started by Michael FF, Jul 24, 2003.

1. Michael FF

Michael FF Stunt Coordinator

I have a Sharpvision xvz9000u. I am thinking of upgrading to the Sharpvision 10000 or Runco vx1000c.
    Any info regarding these two projectors? Or....is their a better front end projector for under $20,000?

2. Paul_Scott

Paul_Scott Lead Actor

if you can hold off for about 2 months, there should be some re-pricing going on after the big september trade show (CEDIA).
    NEC will be announcing its first 16:9 pj which should street around $5K, as well as a Samsung unit that is highly anticipated.
    many people are expecting some interesting developments just around the corner (were talking 6,7 weeks).

i've heard great things about the Sharp 10K especially that it is a good upgrade over the 9000, but i think bang-for-the-buck is going to take a big jump soon across the board.

3. Neil Joseph

Neil Joseph Lead Actor

Neil Joseph
    Is there something about the 9000U that you do not like? The reason I ask this is would it be possible to wait until the ball is raised to a fp that can fully resolve 1080p, which I know is in development now?

4. Michael FF

Michael FF Stunt Coordinator

I project on a 100" diag. screen. I compared a Runco 101c with my Sharpvision. Here are my observations: the 101c is definitely the winner with superior resolution/ the Sharpvision is the winner re color definition and apparent depth of picture. I am interested in obtaining both pic quality and resolution in one projector, if possible. Of the image attributes, I must say that I am image-resolution "obsessed." [​IMG]