Sharp Vision XVH37VUA

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Greg Boyd, Dec 2, 2001.

1. Greg Boyd

Greg Boyd Auditioning

I am considering purchasing a used front projector. A Sharp vision model XVH37VUA is for sale for approx. $2500. Does anyone know about this model and could provide me with some advise on what to look for?

Thanks,

Greg

2. lee jordan

lee jordan Auditioning

I presently own this model, have had it for 3years like all lcd's the bulb is somewhat pricey around $350 with a life of about 1000 hrs. It has pretty good picture quality but does suffer from the screen effect ( really not that noticeable. You mention they want around $2500 for it that seems high to me as I paid $3000 for it three years ago.

3. Greg Boyd

Greg Boyd Auditioning

What is the 'Screen Effect"? I am kind of new to this projector technology.

Thanks

4. Greg Risley

Greg Risley Second Unit

Just thought I would drop a little help here.
    The "screen door effect is when you look at the screen the image appears to look as though it were being projected through a screendoor.
    $2500 is a bit much for this projector comparing to what you can get out there new. Here is a link to the NEC LT150 which is a DLP style projector there is very little screen door effect. http://www.projectorcentral.com/proj...fm?part_id=923
    Down at the bottom of the page there is a button to get latest prices and they should be around $2200-$2500. I got mine at Gateway.com for $2500 delivered about a month ago. I had the Sharp 35 lcd projector awile back and the Screen door effect really bugged me and the colors were not that great.
    Hope this helps. Also grab a copy of this months Home Theater Magazine which has an article on the Plus Piano DLP projector which is only $3000 and very simple to use.
    Hope this helps.
    Greg

5. Mick Wright

Mick Wright Second Unit

6. Danny B

Danny B Extra

MICK,

what is this "Cygnus line doubling lens" and can any lcd projector use that lens?,and if so ,where can i find such a thing and how much ?... thanks

7. Mick Wright

Mick Wright Second Unit

Danny these lenses do a great job of eliminating the screen door effect that most lcd projectors have. I bought my projector used with the lense already installed so I really can't help you with finding a retailer. I do believe they'll fit all modern lcd projectors, and they cost around $400 retail. You might drop an email to another HTF member named Scooter who has one, maybe he can give you more information.

8. Danny B

Danny B Extra

OK,thanks Mick.

Ive emailed Scooter with some questions.

Do you know the website where i can get more details as well,ill search anyway.

Thanks again