Sharp Tube TV ???

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Hayes Preston, Nov 21, 2001.

1. Hayes Preston

Hayes Preston Stunt Coordinator

My wife wants to get a small TV for the kids playroom. She also wants cheap, so she's been looking in the Sunday paper for all the flyers, "ooooo, here's a omnitron 2000 27" for $149.99." I have found a 27" Sharp with s-video input for $180. Anybody have any experience with Sharp TVs? Are there other brands I should be looking at?

Please remeber this is just for the kids to watch PBS so a HD ready 16x9 is not necessary, reliability and price are the major factors.

Thanks,

Hayes

2. Ben Chick

Ben Chick Agent

My grandparents have had a Sharp 19" for like 8 years. Not one single problem. [​IMG]

3. ThomasL

ThomasL Supporting Actor

Sharp is a decent inexpensive brand. I've had one in the family for the past 4 1/2 years with no problems. Should do well for a kids tv.

cheers,

--tom

4. Steve Schaffer

Steve Schaffer Producer

Sharp makes a very decent inexpensive tv, good picture quality and quite reliable. I use an $89 Sharp 13" for my webtv monitor and it works great, even has 3 step color temp adjustment--not expected on a cheapo tv.

5. Dennis Nicholls

Dennis Nicholls Lead Actor

Dennis
    I got a Sharp 25" set for a "daylight" set when I don't want to fire up the FP for "just the news" etc. This was a $200 Costco special. Very good colors, S-video input. The drawback appears to be the cheap power supply. You can't get the line to be straight in the Video Essentials contrast-setting pattern with any reasonable amount of contrast. So your geometry may be off some. But otherwise the picture quality is quite good for a cheap set.