1. Sign-up to become a member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It only takes 30 seconds to sign up, so join the discussion today!
    Dismiss Notice

Sharp Tube TV ???

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Hayes Preston, Nov 21, 2001.

1. Hayes Preston

Hayes Preston Stunt Coordinator

My wife wants to get a small TV for the kids playroom. She also wants cheap, so she's been looking in the Sunday paper for all the flyers, "ooooo, here's a omnitron 2000 27" for $149.99." I have found a 27" Sharp with s-video input for $180. Anybody have any experience with Sharp TVs? Are there other brands I should be looking at?

Please remeber this is just for the kids to watch PBS so a HD ready 16x9 is not necessary, reliability and price are the major factors.

Thanks,

Hayes

2. Ben Chick

Ben Chick Agent

My grandparents have had a Sharp 19" for like 8 years. Not one single problem. [​IMG]

3. ThomasL

ThomasL Supporting Actor

Sharp is a decent inexpensive brand. I've had one in the family for the past 4 1/2 years with no problems. Should do well for a kids tv.

cheers,

--tom

4. Steve Schaffer

Steve Schaffer Producer

Sharp makes a very decent inexpensive tv, good picture quality and quite reliable. I use an $89 Sharp 13" for my webtv monitor and it works great, even has 3 step color temp adjustment--not expected on a cheapo tv.

5. Dennis Nicholls

Dennis Nicholls Lead Actor

Dennis
    I got a Sharp 25" set for a "daylight" set when I don't want to fire up the FP for "just the news" etc. This was a $200 Costco special. Very good colors, S-video input. The drawback appears to be the cheap power supply. You can't get the line to be straight in the Video Essentials contrast-setting pattern with any reasonable amount of contrast. So your geometry may be off some. But otherwise the picture quality is quite good for a cheap set.