Sharp Projector Bulb Replacement

Discussion in 'Displays' started by Paul::F, Oct 17, 2004.

1. Paul::F

Paul::F Extra

Question: I am looking for a replacement bulb for my SharpVision XV-ZW99U projector. The manual says "take it to a Sharp Service Center". No part number or anything.

I did a quick Yahoo search and the only site that came up had a price of $342! So the questions are:

1. Is that price about what I can expect?
    2. Where is a good place to buy a replacement bulb?
    3. Do I really need a service center or is bulb replacement a simple matter I can do myself?

Boy if the bulbs are almost 400 samoleans it may be time to start looking at an upgraded projector considering I think they start around $1700! My current projector is only 400 lumens! Thats almost a dollar a lumen for the bulb!

2. Jimi C

Jimi C Screenwriter

I have a sharpvision projector (xv-s55u) and the manual for mine says the same thing, "take it to a service center", and at least with my projector it is entirely not necessary. My bulb can easily be removed, its only held in place by 3 screws, and then it easily slides out.
    I am in the same boat as you though.. for $800 i could get a brand new infocus x1 and it would blow my projector out of the water. I plan on buying a new one as soon as my bulb goes.

3. Paul::F

Paul::F Extra

So that price is legit? $350 for a bulb?

Are the bulbs for the newer generation projectors as expensive as that?

4. Jimi C

Jimi C Screenwriter

I would do a quick ebay search, Ive actually seen bulbs for my projector go for under $100 a few times, but from a dealer new, $300 seems to be in the price range for most projector bulbs.

5. Leo Kerr

Leo Kerr Screenwriter

Yes, sorry to say, projector lamps are expensive...

...but the results are soo good!

Leo Kerr

6. DaveNel

DaveNel Second Unit

Before you buy the bulb, You may wanna check Ebay. Sometimes you can get lucky and find a Bulb at a great price.

7. DaveNel

DaveNel Second Unit

Also these bulbs are new [​IMG] Just make sure you read the Ad
    from top to bottom when you go to buy one and look at the feedback from the seller so you arent frauded [​IMG]