Sharp LC37DB5U vrs LC37D4U diffs?

Discussion in 'Displays' started by Jay H, Dec 23, 2005.

1. Jay H

Jay H Producer

Mar 22, 1999
    What is the major differences between the above models.

It appears the only real thing different is the Digital Cable Card readiness for the D4U series, anything else?

I have a satellite subscription through DishNetwork, not a HD feed but I should be able to get HD terrestrially for now, until I get a HD E* receiver.

Also, how difficult is it to mount these to the wall, i.e. installation of the wall bracket, I assume I would have to mount the bracket to the studs in the wall. My home is knotty pine panelling so might be hard to find studs (unlike drywall)

2. -=Jason S=-

-=Jason S=- Auditioning

Dec 22, 2005

The installation on the wall is not hard. As far as I know, however, you need to find a stud (the mount I got for my 32" Aquos had long lag bolts that went into studs). The actual installation is not hard, though.

Keep in mind that the cable card will only allow regular HD channels and won't allow you to view premium HD channels (at least that's how Comcast in the Manassas, VA area works). It also wouldn't allow me to have VOD but you don't have that with satellite anyway. Satellite may be different with the HD channels, though.

If you find answers to what all the model numbers mean, please share in this thread / my thread. [​IMG]