Sharp DV-HR300U HDD and DVD-RW combination recorder

Discussion in 'Playback Devices' started by DavidWi, Jul 19, 2004.

1. DavidWi

DavidWi Auditioning

Does anyone have experience with or opinions on the Sharp DV-HR300U HDD (80GB) and DVD-RW combination recorder? Can it be connected to my DirecTV receiver? I have never had a DVR, but have the opportunity to get this one cheap. Thanks for any/all replies.

2. SimiA

SimiA Second Unit

I don't see any problem as long as the D* DVR is SD.
    Vb

3. Matthew_V

Matthew_V Stunt Coordinator

Hi

Here are some reviews for the DV-HR300U:
    and the May 2004 issue of "Sound And Vision" magazine had a review (surprisingly, the review is available online.

I couldn't make up my mind about the unit. I had a chance to see it in person at a local Fry's Electronics. The thing that, for me, was an immediate turn-off was the button arrangement on the remote (which you can see pictured on page 2 of the Sound and Vision review). The people in the avsforum discussion when I read it sounded like they have their hands full with problems, and yet overall the people at amazon.com seem very pleased.
    I had ended up purchasing a JVC DR-M10S at Ultimate Electronics based upon what I had read at avsforum.com and at dvdrhelp.com (This will be my first experience with DVD recorders, too). I haven't opened the box yet because, being that there was sooo much information on the different recorders to sift through, I'm going over everything once more to double-check about whether there is/isn't something better out there for my needs and budget

Take care