Sharp dlp projector XR-10X at Sam's Club

Discussion in 'Displays' started by Darren Hug, Jan 10, 2006.

1. Darren Hug

Darren Hug Auditioning

I was Sam's club this last weekend and they had this Sharp dlp projector specs seem good. 2000:1 contrast,1024 x 768
    native resolution. Price $900.00. Has anybody have any experience with this projector or own one. I have a Infocus 4805 now and like the picture but like the higher resolution on this sharp. Thinking about selling 4805 and buying this projector. Have no complaints with 4805. They also have a XR-20X for $1300.00.

2. John S

John S Producer

What content did you view on this?

I have not had good luck with liking any of the XGA 4:3 projectors out there. I would say going froma native 16:9 to a native 4:3 is not a good move most of the time.

3. Jimi C

Jimi C Screenwriter

Half of the resoloution on that projector will be wasted on black bars when watching widescreen material.

4. John S

John S Producer

I guess he could score a panamorph lens thingie???

5. JawhnM

JawhnM Stunt Coordinator

I've been using a Sharp XR-10X for about a month now. I moved from a Sony 1031Q CRT PJ. I looked at 4805 and the H31 and preferred the Sharp, mostly because of the added resolution (NO noticable SDE from 1.5) and low fan noise (VERY quiet). The Sharp has a squeeze mode for 16:9 (which I use on a 45X80 matte white screen). I also use an ND2 filter to reduce light output in a completely light controlled room. One VERY nice thing about getting a PJ from Sam's is their return policy (30 days, no questions asked, and no restocking charge. Try It!! You'll Like It!![​IMG]

6. Shane Harg

Shane Harg Second Unit

I wouldn't even THINK of getting anything, which can't display in native 16X9, nowadays.