What's new

Sharp 27" Flat Screen (1 Viewer)

NickSchmidt

Agent
I saw this at Best Buy today and the picture was amazing when compared to the Toshiba 27" Flat Screen (which I was going to get, but now the Sharp is appealing more to me). My question is, has anyone heard anything on this model or the quality of a Sharp TV? Because the picture looked amazing, much better than any at the store, so I'm thinking of picking it up rather than the Toshiba. Plus it's 50 bucks cheaper. What would you guys do?

Dave Bennett

Screenwriter
Seems to be lacking a bit in the features department compared to the Toshiba. This one only has 1 S-video input and no component inputs. I've owned a few products by Sharp over the years, and they've all been pretty bad and have had problems. I'd steer clear if I were you.

ThomasL

Supporting Actor
I've owned 3 Sharp low end direct view tvs over the years (still have two!) and I'd say that for an average every day use tv (the two I still have are a 13 inch in the kitchen and a 20 inch in the workout area), they're pretty decent. I used to have a 25 inch Sharp but that turned out inadequate for the tv/movie room. If you're looking for a more detailed critical view, then I'd say, based on what I found with Avia, that Sharp's push red a lot, don't have good convergence (my 20 inch looks a little like a Christmas tree on the convergence test pattern) and, at least in the case of the 25 inch, had way too much overscan. But I haven't seen any of their flat tube sets so I can't comment on those.

cheers,

--tom

David_D

Stunt Coordinator
I've frequently thought about this one for the bedroom. It looks pretty nice in the store display and does the squeeze. My only experience with Sharp products is a 20" TV that is now in the bedroom. It has operated without a single problem for close to 17 years.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks