1. Sign-up to become a member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It only takes 30 seconds to sign up, so join the discussion today!
    Dismiss Notice

Sharing speakers between two (or more) PCs

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Rob Gillespie, Jun 26, 2002.

1. Rob Gillespie

Rob Gillespie Producer

I'm currently running three machines (two of which have soundcards at the moment). I use a single keyboard, mouse and monitor via a Belkin Omnicube KVM switch.

What I'd like to do is to have the output from both soundcards feed into my single set of Altec speakers. I don't even know if this is possible. Is there any way it can be done?

Thanks
    Rob

2. Matt DeVillier

Matt DeVillier Supporting Actor

Rob,

use a regular A/V switcher. radio shack and partexpress both carry them for about $20 - not sure on the model numbers though (or what options you have on that side of the pond).

3. KyleS

KyleS Screenwriter

Belkin also makes KVM switches with the sound switch included as well. I dont have any model numbers off of the top of my head but I know our help desk does use them.

KyleS

4. Max Leung

Max Leung Producer

You could just run a cable from the line-out port of one computer to the line-in of the other computer, which is attached to the speakers. [​IMG]