What's new

Shaq wants to be in X-Men 2! (1 Viewer)

Matthew Chmiel

Senior HTF Member
If he lands a role in it, I will shoot the casting director who hired him.
He's already done a superhero movie (Steel) and ruined it, so why does he need to do another one? :)
------------------
mynewsig.jpg

Link Removed - DVD Reviewer
Link Removed / AOL IM: MrMatthew / ICQ: 96444542
"I'm a firm believer in the philosophy of a ruling class. Especially since I rule."

Patrick_S

Senior HTF Member
quote: He's already done a superhero movie (Steel) and ruined it, so why does he need to do another one? [/quote]
The short answer is ego.
I look at it this way, the only thing that Shaq has going for himself is his physical presence, beyond that he has no discernible acting ability.
His casting in movies now would be nothing more then a PR stunt.
------------------
[Edited last by Patrick_S on August 26, 2001 at 01:54 PM]

Dwayne

Supporting Actor
All I have to say is Kazaam.
------------------
-Dwayne
"And vidi films I would."

Seth Paxton

Senior HTF Member
I would find it very hard to believe that Singer would be involved and let Shaq get cast.
Unless he played himself in a brief cameo.

Chad R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chad Rouch
And when Shaq played in Orlando he made a big to-do about wanting to be in Terminator 3 (this was long before a third film was even planned) and kept telling all the new stations that he wanted to play a Terminator.
What Shaq wants to do is irrelevant, it's what Bryan Singer wants to do that's improtant. Shaq has little to no pull in Hollywood anymore, so just him saying he wants to do it is not what will happen.

Wes Ray

Supporting Actor
Now wait a minute, what about Kareem Abdul Jabbar's performance as Roger in Airplane!? Come on, it's not Shakespeare, but he did a decent job. hehe. :)

Lewis Besze

Senior HTF Member
. Shaq has little to no pull in Hollywood anymore, so just him saying he wants to do it is not what will happen.
Maybe,but like everything else it could involve[outside pressure] politics,and we all know that can create some "interesting"
scenarios.
rolleyes.gif

------------------
"You Hungarians always disagree"

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
It seems as though Shaq is on a personal mission to destroy all of our best film franchises! First he wanted 'T3' now this! What's next? I guess he'll want to play a Jedi master in 'Episode II', or how about Morpheus's brother in one of the 'Matrix' sequels, he could just lounge around the 'Nebacaniser'(sp) spinning a basketball on his finger through the whole movie! Go away Shaq!
------------------
So madly in love with Estella Warren!
[Edited last by John Williamson on August 27, 2001 at 12:11 AM]

Reginald Trent

Screenwriter
Quote:
They should get him to play Storm. He couldn't possibly be worse for the part than the last one.
------------------------------------------------------------
I saw nothing wrong with Halle Berry's acting. It not her fault that the script writers had her character weak and impotent.

SteveGon

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Gonzales
It could be a good thing: Wolverine's claws = fillet of Shaq!
------------------
sgon.jpg

"Death's at the bottom of everything, Martins - leave death to the professionals!"
"Mind if I use that line in my next Western?"

JohnS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Steffens
Yeah and I hear Danny Devito wants to play for the Lakers
laugh.gif

------------------

Jeff Kleist

Senior HTF Member
He's terrible. There seems to be this hunger among basketball players and rappers to star in horrifficly bad movies. Why they ever get made is truely beyond me. I think Shaq has proven that anything he touches bombs, so I doubt Singer will let him soil his film
Jeff Kleist

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SaladinNagasawa
Recent bookmarks