What's new

Shaolin Soccer question (1 Viewer)

Chris_Morris

Screenwriter
Sorry if this has been answered, I searched, but found nothing.

Does anyone know if the upcoming US release (8/8/2003) is going to be Miram-Axed and dubbed? Any good way to see the original subtitled version?

Thanks
Chris

Jeff Kleist

Senior HTF Member
It's absolutely going to be butchered and dub-only. At last report They had cut out the opening that establishes the entire relationship between the good and evil coaches for no reason whatsoever.

The legit release is anamorphic, DTS, OSL, and half the price http://www.dddhouse.com

ChrisJefferys

Stunt Coordinator
At last report They had cut out the opening that establishes the entire relationship between the good and evil coaches for no reason whatsoever.
Christ, why am I not surprised. Am I nuts, or is that a kinda important part of the film. And I just know that the soundtrack is gonna be full of hip-hop isn't it? :frowning:

Chris_Morris

Screenwriter
It's absolutely going to be butchered and dub-only. At last report They had cut out the opening that establishes the entire relationship between the good and evil coaches for no reason whatsoever.
Man that sucks. Not a bad price for the DVD though (after I realized that $80 was in HK$ :) ). I'll probably scan Ebay first though. Thanks guys :emoji_thumbsup:

Chris

Michael Pakula

Second Unit
It is Dubbed, well at least the version I saw last
year at the Toronto International Film Festival. It
kind makes the movie even more funny though.
It's kind of a tribute to all those old dubbed martial
arts films of the past.

-Mike

Chris_Morris

Screenwriter
I downloaded the trailer, and the dubbing doesn't seem too bad, but I prefer the original language, and not having Miramax second-guess the director as to how it should be cut, so I ordered my import copy last night.

Chris

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thinksinc
Recent bookmarks