Shameless Cross promotion on ABC?

Discussion in 'TV Shows' started by Nelson Au, Apr 26, 2004.

1. Nelson Au

Nelson Au Executive Producer

Am I missing something, or has ABC been agressively promoting theatrical films during their prime time programing more then ever before or any other network?

A few weeks ago, I saw Jennifer Garner promoting her film "13 going on 30" between commercial breaks during the Friday night line up of comedies. I don't blame her as it was likely asked of her to do it. Maybe Disney produced this film and since she's on Alias on ABC, owned by Disney, they thought they should do this.

I saw the promos for Harry Potter coming up in 2 weeks and the shameless promotion of sneak peaks at the new Harry Potter film.

And I just happen to see in passing the shameless promotion of the new film by director M. Night Shyamalan, The Village, right before The Sixth Sense aired tonight.

I know this goes on all the time, but it seems to be going on a lot at ABC.

I looked it up, Harry Potter= Warner Bros. 13go30= Sony. The Village= Touchstone Pictures, Buena Vista=Disney.

Nelson

2. Jack Fanning

Jack Fanning Second Unit

Jack Fanning

He shamelessly promoted it throughout the entire broadcast.

3. Wayne Bundrick

Wayne Bundrick Cinematographer

this is a duplicate thread, see my response to the other one.

4. Nelson Au

Nelson Au Executive Producer

Whoops, looks like I accidentally posted twice. Could a moderator remove the other one?

Good points Wayne, a move by ABC to attract as many viewers as possible for all these films they will be broadcasting. So a tie-in can help. I assumed it was the other way around, to help promote the business for the theatrical films.

Thanks. Nelson

5. Don Black

Don Black Screenwriter

At least the ads are somewhat entertaining.... It's how ads should be. Much better than a commercial for diapers or bleach.