Shame on you Universal and cdnow (Jurassic Park offer)

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by rbirk, Mar 15, 2002.

1. rbirk

rbirk Stunt Coordinator

I have been trying to resolve this issue for weeks and weeks now and finally gave up today. Both Universal and cdnow.com are completely hopeless. Those two companies don't deserve much anymore in my book.

Last December I bought Jurassik Park III from cdnow.com. Now the problem is that cdnow send me a Canadian print of the DVD. They do send Canadian prints of many DVDs even though they are a US company and I am a US resident. Now the problem is that the offer to get the bonus disc with new box is country specific. So US prints get an offer for US residents only and the Canadian print is for Canadian residents only.

Now I called Universal and try to explain this to them that cdnow only have Canadian coupons and they say there is nothing on earth they can do about this. I need to contact cdnow. I call cdnow and they say there is nothing on earth they can do as only Canadian coupons exist, call Universal! And so on...

I have been calling them back and forth to no help. I am very very frustrated now and it seems the only way I could ever get the bonus disc and new box is to buy the new box set and sell everthing I have. If I then want the DTS version of the first two movies I would need to buy them separately and sell the first two movies a second time. Great job Universal! This is almost as good as the Hitchcock collections where you needed to buy and sell everthing multiple times to get the Hitchcock presents series.

How can these two companies still be around? Do they care at all about their customers?

Ron Birk

2. Antonio Silva

Antonio Silva Stunt Coordinator

Is this true? Does CdNow sell Canadian Dvds? I was going to start placing my orders with them, no i'm having second thoughts.

Can anyone confirm this?

Thanks...

3. rbirk

rbirk Stunt Coordinator

Just got K-PAX from cdnow today and the cover has French all over (all three sides). The back also only shows Canadian rating. This is defenitely a Canadian DVD.

I have called cdnow a couple of times and they have no clue about this.

Ron Birk

4. LukeB

LukeB Cinematographer

Sorry to hear things didn't get resolved, Ron. I had hoped my plan would help...your story really ticks me off! [​IMG]