1. Sign-up to become a member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It only takes 30 seconds to sign up, so join the discussion today!
    Dismiss Notice

Shame on IBM!!!!!

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Luis Esp, Oct 13, 2001.

1. Luis Esp

Luis Esp Supporting Actor

I am truly disappointed with the customer service for IBM Canada. Exactly 2 weeks I purchased the NetVista 40U package that includes WindowsMe. The package itself, I have no major complaints, although I can't seem to get DirectX 8.0a to work properly, but when I called customer service regarding WindowsXP, they told me that I will not be receiving "my" copy because Microsoft authorized the number of computers that could be installed with XP, and if they were to give me a copy, it would terminate the warranty that came with my computer.
    What a load of b.s. I told them that they certainly had no qualms taking my money for the computer, but now they expect me to dish out another set of cash for an upgrade.
    I am considering getting a refund for this computer and purchasing an AMD based computer, from another retailer.
    My cousing picked up a GateWay, 1.2Ghz AMD Athlon computer from Costco, reg. $2300 for $1600, and in certain aspects, I find that it runs better than my Pentium 4, 1.4Ghz. Sure, my package included a printer and a selection of software, but she got a dvd player with her computer.
    I welcome any suggestions on what action to take with this situation.
    Forgive me, I needed to vent [​IMG]

2. Eric Samonte

Eric Samonte Screenwriter

Hmm...and I thought IBM had good customer service.
    Well, if u could return it, do so! And yes, the AMDs have been seen to be better than comparable Pentiums. For less money, its the way to go now.
    ------------------
    Eric Samonte
    Dito sa Pilipinas..may Hom Tiyeter rin kami!