What's new

Shame on Columbia Tristar re: 50 First Dates Ad (1 Viewer)

JustinCleveland

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Justin Cleveland
Hey gang,

Watching Fox last night, and saw an ad for the upcoming "50 First Dates" from Columbia/Tristar, a company that has slipped from excellent to quite average in the past couple of years in my dvd-buying opinion, proudly featuring the red-bannered "Full Screen Edition" of the DVD in the advertisment. Now maybe this wasn't C/T's decision, rather the advertising company they contracted with made the choice, or they looked only at the color and thought that Red would be more eye-catching, but still, featuring a non-OAR disc on an ad only panders, and doesn't help.

For shame.

Jesse Skeen

Senior HTF Member
Why were you watching Fox when they have the "FOX" in the corner of the screen during all their shows? That's one reason why nobody should advertise on TV. And the term "Full Screen" needs to be dropped- not now, but yesterday :)

Darren Haycock

Second Unit
I'm not a fan of foolscreen either, but to be fair, they did show both versions in the commercial. They show the red one first, and the blue widescreen version is at the end of the commercial.

Kyle McKnight

Senior HTF Member
If that's all this thread is about, you should've posted it in the Studio & Manufacturer Feedback Area.

I don't care how a disc is advertised, if it's out there in OAR, that's enough for me.

WillG

Senior HTF Member
This is not the first time this has happened and it's not just Columbia titles either. It would be nice if they proudly showed the Widescreen version but Widescreen is still selling better so not a big deal. Many advertisements use an image that does not specify Widescreen or Fullscreen.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks