What's new

Shall we dance? Arranged Halo 2 match April 30, 2005 to celebrate updates! (1 Viewer)

Brad_Harper

Stunt Coordinator
3, 2, 1 for me.

My GamerTag is MrFatty1976. Hopefully there is still room:D
Nothing like a Saturday evening of killing your HTF friends over the internet. :emoji_thumbsup:

Carlo_M

Senior HTF Member
Yes these will definitely be *unranked* matches, as the new maps have not been added to the matchmaking playlists as of yet. We can only play them on arranged matches.

Now if a subset of players wants to go gallivanting off as a small-team or big-team and go matchmaking I certainly won't try to stop them, but the purpose of this is just to have an arranged match, preferably with at least the two free maps (in case people didn't buy the 2 pay maps) with some good HTF friends.

We'll limit the number of non-HTF'ers initially, and if we do have spots, you have to be able to vouch for the people you invite in. Take for example last night, I invited Chuck Mayer w/ me to a large party--and I think Richard Kim joined us in that large group--but I only knew one guy in the large party, the other 10 or so were strangers. Turns out 1-2 of them were the kind of people you don't want to play with (i.e. racial comments, etc.). We are certainly going to avoid that kind of talk this weekend. Now we aren't all pollyanna, we're going to occasionally drop the S- or F-bomb, sure. But what we've discovered is a generally fun, respectful atmosphere when we've come together as a group, and there's no reason to believe that won't happen this Saturday.

So I apologize to Chuck and Richard, those guys aren't the people I normally roll with, and certainly will not be the case this Saturday.

Hope to see you all on Sat!

Looks like 6PM PST on Apr. 30 is the winner.

I'll update the first post to reflect this. Of course all people are welcome to log on earlier or later.

LaMarcus

Screenwriter
Real Name
LaMarcus
Lex Luther HTF shall be there, consider yourself warned!!

Actually I haven't played in months so I forsee myself getting creamed.:b

Tim Hoover

Screenwriter
Carlo - well, since Jennifer's been living with me for 7 months now, I suppose I can vouch for her. Besides, she makes a great target...just look for the hot pink Master Chief :D

Exactly how will all this work? Will the host send a mass invitation to all of us or something?

LaMarcus - I get creamed all the freakin' time, so don't feel bad.

Carlo_M

Senior HTF Member
When I log on (look for Bruin96) I'll send a mass invite to the clan plus any names here that aren't on the clan (most of you are on my friends list). I'll manually send friend requests and then invite those who have signed up here that aren't on either my friends list or the clan.

We're going to keep it Invite Only so our random friends don't jump in, but we'll certainly extend an invitation firstly to all HTFers who want in, and then to select friends if we don't have enough participants.

ShaneJ

Auditioning
Hey, I'd like to play with you guys, don't know what time I'll be home on Saturday, but hopefully some of you will still be playing.

GT = Red Viking

Carlo_M

Senior HTF Member
Shane: send a friend request to Bruin96 and I'll accept and send you a clan invite.

Just a reminder to everyone else: ~6pm Saturday start time. I'll message the clan again tonight.

Adil M

Supporting Actor
Guys I have not played in a while, but I will try for Saturday.
Tag name Snackeycake.

Carlo_M

Senior HTF Member
ATTENTION! If anyone isn't in the clan and wants to play, be sure to message Bruin96, because you won't get the clan invite I'm sending out to the clan.

I can't send an all-invite to my friends list because most of them aren't HTF members. I can pretty much spot some HTF members on my friends list, but I may miss some of you.

Remember, this is not restricted to Clan members only, but to HTF members (the forum), so even if you're NOT in the HTF2 Clan, message me and you'll get an invite.

Chuck Mayer

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chuck Mayer
Had a great time, gents. Thanks for making it a pleasurable experience. I look forward to our next "playdate".

That said, you should be ashamed that I actually won a King of the Hill game...I usually end up last in those :D

Thanks for the organization, Carlo. Much appreciated.

Can't wait til we can do some Slayer on Turf.

Take care,
Chuck

Tim Hoover

Screenwriter
We had a great time...thx again for letting us play.

Oh, and I believe it was both Chuck and Carlo that were schooling me the most often. Oh, the horror!

Jenn liked the all-shotgun small map (can't remember the name). Her main forte is shooting you in the face at point-blank range :D

James T

Screenwriter
Sorry about last night. My game glitched up on me. I was in the stats screen. I could hear everyone talking and how they wanted to play Territories. Then the game started, because I heard people talking about kills that just occurred.

really odd bug.

Chuck Mayer

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chuck Mayer
James,
That's happened to me once before. Weird. Makes you feel left out. Some of those new missions were a bit confusing. And I stink at any game requiring only swords, shotguns, or rocket launchers.

Encore, encore,
Chuck

TimG

Second Unit
First of all, I would like to say I had a blast. Second of all, I would like to thank all of you for handing me my ass in most of the games. :b

That said, it is really nice to play with people you know and I look forward to the next get-together.

TimG

Coleoptra

Tim Hoover

Screenwriter

Me too...so when is the next one and who's having it? I'd offer to host it myself, but my connection isn't the greatest.

My finals will be over a week from today, and I'll have four weeks of absolutely nothing to do. I suppose I could practice a bit :D

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks