What's new

Shafted by ALLSAT (1 Viewer)

Bill W

Grip
Wow, what a sour experience with these people. I purchased a receiver and dish package from ALLSAT. The contract stipulated that I activate the primary system within 21 days of the ship date. My first appointment with the installer (within the 21-day limit) was canceled on that day due to a snowstorm. My second appointment for installation was cancelled by the installer due to a traffic accident. On my third attempt, just outside the 21-day deadline, the installer successfully set up the system. Shortly after I got a letter from ALLSAT saying I had been charged a $75 late fee regarding the installation. I told them my story and they said tough luck. Then they added insult to injury with this logic. "If we waived the $75 late fee for you, what about the people who lose their jobs and can'y pay their bills." Well, ALLSAT has lost my business as a return customer and I certainly won't be recommending them to any of my friends.
:thumbsdown:

Eujin

Supporting Actor
Wow. That's a pretty awful piece of customer service. I've never dealt with Allsat, but I can tell you that I've recently had a very positive experience with Expert Satellite .

KyleS

Screenwriter
Bill, Pick up the phone and call your BBB office and the local DA's office. This is 100% fraud on their part. Since the Installer is a contractor of theirs (Works for them) then this isnt in any way your fault. I would call and tell them that and see if they will 1 not charge you the money and 2 keep from ending up on the end of a lawsuit. I hate when companies take advantage of people because they think hey were big and your small.... What are you gonna do about it :angry:
KyleS

Bill W

Grip
With ALLSAT having unceremoniously charged my credit card for the $75, would a possible remedy be to dispute the issue with my credit card company? BTW, I spent 20 minutes on the phone with the top ALLSAT guy, and it was like talking to a wall. It's only $75, but clearly, one of the most unpleasant and audacious retail experiences I've chalked up in a long while.

David B O

Auditioning
ALLSAT did good for me. The I like Nine promo ended on Jan 31 and they lef me order on the 31st and gave me the receiver info so I could activate. I also received everything quick. They are ok in my book.

Sorry to hear about what happened though. I'd take the BBB route myself.

Eujin

Supporting Actor
I agree with KyleS--you should definitely contact your local DA and BBB. The local DA should be informed so that your state's AG office can issue consumer protection notices. Also contact your credit card company to see what they can do about this. Obviously, you did all you could to ensure that your end of the contract (activation within the 21-day limit) was fulfilled.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.