Shadowlands R2: Any good?

Discussion in 'DVD' started by RichD, Dec 22, 2004.

1. RichD

RichD Agent

2. andrew markworthy

I think that the phrase means that it's a letterbox but can be played without distortion on a 4/3 set. Therefore, my guess is that this means it isn't anamorphic. However, my French is a little hazy [why didn't I spend more time conjugating French verbs and less staring at the French mistress's ample and usually braless chest? - oh hang on, I remember now :b :b ].

At the risk of telling you to suck eggs, there is a R2 Brit version and of course a R1 version (both widescreen, but I don't know about anamorphic).

Incidentally, if you ever get the chance to see it, there's an excellent version of Shadowlands made for the BBC a few years before the film was made.

3. Gordon McMurphy

Gordon McMurphy Producer

There's an Australian (R4 PAL) edition out in April: http://www.ezydvd.com.au/item.zml/778959

I assume it will be anamorphic, as all of Roadshow Entertainment's recent widescreen transfers have been anamorphic.

I have found Ezy DVD to be the best Australia e-tailer for DVDs: well-stocked; low prices; fair shipping prices; fast delivery.

4. RichD

RichD Agent

Good news -- thanks for the tip. No useful info on the Roadshow website, but it does look promising.

I bought my anamorphic copy of Office Space from EZDvd. [​IMG]