What's new

Shadowlands R2: Any good? (1 Viewer)

andrew markworthy

Senior HTF Member
I think that the phrase means that it's a letterbox but can be played without distortion on a 4/3 set. Therefore, my guess is that this means it isn't anamorphic. However, my French is a little hazy [why didn't I spend more time conjugating French verbs and less staring at the French mistress's ample and usually braless chest? - oh hang on, I remember now :b :b ].

At the risk of telling you to suck eggs, there is a R2 Brit version and of course a R1 version (both widescreen, but I don't know about anamorphic).

Incidentally, if you ever get the chance to see it, there's an excellent version of Shadowlands made for the BBC a few years before the film was made.

Gordon McMurphy

Senior HTF Member
There's an Australian (R4 PAL) edition out in April: http://www.ezydvd.com.au/item.zml/778959

I assume it will be anamorphic, as all of Roadshow Entertainment's recent widescreen transfers have been anamorphic.

I have found Ezy DVD to be the best Australia e-tailer for DVDs: well-stocked; low prices; fair shipping prices; fast delivery.

RichD

Agent
Good news -- thanks for the tip. No useful info on the Roadshow website, but it does look promising.

I bought my anamorphic copy of Office Space from EZDvd. :emoji_thumbsup:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks