What's new

Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band [4 CD/DVD/Blu-ray Combo][Super Deluxe Ed] Preorder (1 Viewer)

Brent Reid

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Brent
Different strokes for different folks. Every Japanese music release regardless of format I ever purchased had Japanese and English text.
I've many dozens, maybe hundreds, of Japanese CDs and while it's true the majority are indeed bilingual, it would be more accurate to say they're actually a mixture of Japanese and Engrish. :huh:

Good luck!

bigshot

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Stephen
Since there's both a DVD and a blu-ray of the 5.1 mix, I might be able to take the blu-ray out of the set and sell the rest to recoup some of the price.

Carlo_M

Senior HTF Member
Well I pulled the trigger at that price. And at least they have the low pre-order price guarantee, so if it drops between now and May 26, I'll get the lower price. For what we're getting, and considering how much I love that album, that's a fair price for me.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Well I pulled the trigger at that price. And at least they have the low pre-order price guarantee, so if it drops between now and May 26, I'll get the lower price. For what we're getting, and considering how much I love that album, that's a fair price for me.

0514572f13380152225d4ef24ce3a9d8665da-wm.jpg

MacTex

Agent
Real Name
Michael McDuffy
There's an "unboxing" of sorts for the 6 disc set by someone who sounds like they were involved in the creation of it.
The video seems to be taken in portrait mode by a smartphone but there's still pretty good detail.

Alan Tully

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Alan
The plan is to buy the two CD set & then bide my time & keep an eye out for offers, it could be half price in a one day offer six months down the line.

Carlo_M

Senior HTF Member
Beginning of the video points out my main gripe. No vinyl for the big box set. Gotta buy that separately.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
I'm really excited for this. Less than two weeks to go!

It's been holding strong at that $117.99 price point for nearly a month now.

Carlo_M

Senior HTF Member
Me too. I've been on a vinyl buying spree, and I upgraded my stylus on my Pro-Ject to an Ortofon 2M Blue. After about 20 hours of play it's really opened up and is more detailed and revealing than the Red (which was no slouch). The red is on my backup table now but the blue is on my main platter. Not gonna lie, I want to put a blue now on the TT in the other room too...

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member

And I just posted last night how excited I was about this release!!

Now I am beside myself with anticipation.

Even though I'm a little let down about the "non heavy-handed surround mixes" it still sounds like this is going to be absolutely great (I really prefer aggressive surround mixes--like I'm sitting in the middle of the band!). The fact that he says the mixes "complement and respects the music" sounds appropriate here.

Carlo_M

Senior HTF Member
To bring in a saying from another [gaming] forum I'm a member of: hype train is hype!!!

bigshot

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Stephen
I liked the way surround was handled in the Love album. I have it on order from Amazon. I'll just return it if the mix isn't as good as Love.

Last edited:

davidmatychuk

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Matychuk
http://www.blu-ray.com/news/?id=21092

Complete track listings here. As for me, sold, price no object, ka-ching, gimmie gimmie gimmie, can't wait, etc..

I haven't budged from my intractable position, despite the current Canadian Amazon price of $189. Life's too short, HTF pals, and that Sgt. Pepper box set is too wonderful. "And it really doesn't matter if I'm wrong I'm right..."

Brian Kidd

Senior HTF Member
Count me in as someone who also prefers aggressive surround mixes. Still, as long as it's better than the practically non-existent surround mixes on 1+ I'll be happy.

Carlo_M

Senior HTF Member
I'm fine with an aggressive mix as well. We already have the pure cut-from-analog mono LP from 2014 that is about as close as we're able to get to the original intent from the Fab Four, so the original versions are preserved for those of us who want that true-to-original version. So bring on the 5.1!

bigshot

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Stephen
The set includes a reconstructed stereo mix matching the original, so there's no point making the 5.1 mix a "stereo with rear ambience" version. DSPs can do that well enough. Sgt Pepper cries out for the Love treatment. I think people want bells and whistles here.

Carlo_M

Senior HTF Member
And now that I've had a chance to really look at the list, I can definitely back an aggressive 5.1 mix, because apparently on the Deluxe Ed there is a "direct transfer of the original mono" which I take to mean the version used for the 2014 Mono LPs (vs. the 2009 mono CDs, the LPs are superior). May 26 can't get here soon enough.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks