What's new

SF Symphony Mahler Hybrid SACD--Cracking? (1 Viewer)

ChrisC

Grip
Hi there,
I've had the San Francisco Symphony Mahler SACDs for about a year now. I've only listened to them probably 3 or 4 times, but I notied cracks on the symphony 3 and 6 dics.

There seems to be one crack on each disc, starting at the center and going to the outside of the disc. The crack itself is only in the center clear part, before the actual disc.

Has anyone else had this or similar problems with these discs? I've read on here before about problems with SACD cracks, but I can't seem to find the discussion now.

I'm going to contact the SF Symphony store directly and see what they say also. Thanks for helping.

Marc Colella

Senior HTF Member
They wouldn't happen to have been pressed at the Crest plant, would they? If so, it seems to be common with Crest discs.

Anyone know?

Justin Lane

Senior HTF Member
Crest and the SA-CD crackers strike again. Buying SA-CD discs put out by anyone but Sony is a crap shoot these days as far as the never fixed cracking goes.

J

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks