SF Bay Area recommendations?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Dan Driscoll, Jun 29, 2001.

1. Dan Driscoll

Dan Driscoll Supporting Actor

Thanks to the information I have learned in this and other forums, I am just about ready to buy a new RPTV. But I would appreciate some suggestions on who to buy from.
    In the San Francisco Bay Area who are the most reputable dealers with the best prices? Who do you recommend for ISF calibration and how much should I expect to pay? Who should I buy the extended warrenty from. the dealer or a 3rd party?
    Should the extended warrenty include the annual cleaning and maintenance? Are there any particular dealers or service shops I should stay away from?
    Thanks for your help,
    ------------------
    Dan

2. Michael TLV

Michael TLV THX Video Instructor/Calibrator

Michael Chen
    Greetings
    Two people in the SF area with good reputations.
    Robert Busch and Robert (Mr Bob) Jones.
    Expect to pay in the range of $500 to $800 depending on what you want done.
    Regards
    ------------------
    [​IMG]
    Michael @ The Laser Video Experience

3. Kishu

Kishu Stunt Coordinator

Dan,
    I have a 56H80 which I bought from dealer based out of Utah/LA-got a great deal on the set. Email me for more details. I am very happy with my set!
    If you want to buy retail, try to swinf costco deal if possible. I would definitely recommend 5 yr warranty-it should vary from $150-$300ish depending on where you buy.
    You have the ISF names from post above-contemplate on ISFing you set after 100 hours of usage. You can look at Keohi to do first steps when you get your set!
    Cheers,
    Kishore