What's new

sexy 80's? your pick for fashion accessory (1 Viewer)

Wayne Murphy

Stunt Coordinator
After reading the leg warmers post I thought I'd ask which was your favorite 80's thing?
Leg warmers
Toe socks (modeled by Julie of course) :b
Big hair
Make-up put on with a trowel
Scrunchies
Big gaudy earings/ hoops
or the ever present Madonna clothing/attitude?

Scott Strang

Screenwriter
Hmmm I dated a couple girls that wore parachute pants. They looked lucious in them.

Also I dated a girl that was basically a scaled down Madonna clone. She was a real slut, but at that time, that was a positive trait.

Rain

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rain
I can't believe I'm admitting this.
I used to have a thing for guys who pulled their sweat pants up to just below the knee...and lately I've noticed this making a comeback.
I wasn't keen on that whole pink shirt thing, though...I've never owned a pink shirt in my life (not that there's anything wrong with that). :)

Kelley_B

Senior HTF Member
I love early madonna look of ripped up stockings, lace, and corsets......leg warmers do nothing for me though.

Stephen L

Second Unit
I wasn't keen on that whole pink shirt thing, though...I've never owned a pink shirt in my life (not that there's anything wrong with that).
Hate to admit it but I had a pink polo shirt & white buck shoes :b high fashion in the early 80's during my college years. Where are Members Only jackets on the list , a true 80's staple(no I didn't have one);) to anyone fashionable. Come on come clean somebody here had one.

MikeH1

Screenwriter
Real Name
Billy
Ah yes the old sweats pulled up to the knees with the tube socks. Back in the funker days of 1987-1989 here in Edmonton that was the style. Then I moved to Campbell River, BC and I was labelled a freak.
Thats the style I want to see come back definitley I think I'll go dig up my Converse, Adidas and Puma sweats. :D

Brad_W

Screenwriter
Slap Braclets.

Granted, they lasted about as long as me in bed with Jessica Alba, but they were sure a funny little phenomenon.

Frank_W

Stunt Coordinator
I remember some.

- Rubber O-rings as bracelets

- Skinny leather ties

- Dress jackets pulled up at the sleeves to the elbows

- Long shorts with crazy prints

hehe

JonZ

Senior HTF Member
Denim jackets with your favorite band album cover painted on the back.

Actually I really miss what the g/fs were wearing at the time-the old Kelly Bundy outfits (87-90)

John_Bonner

Supporting Actor
Spandex pants (on women only!) and BIG HAIR! The higher the better.

Still love that 80's Heavy Metal chick look!

Dave Poehlman

Senior HTF Member
I liked the "shovel hair". You know, the girls who looked like they were smacked in the forehead with a shovel causing their bangs to stick straight up.

I look back at old photos and realize I really prefer today's fasions. Ahh.. to be young again.

Anyone planning to tune into "That 80's Show"? I want to see how accurate it is.

Mark Zimmer

Senior HTF Member
Sorry, I'm still going with the leg warmers.
And yes, I'm still single. Cause and effect? Probably. ;)

John Besse

Supporting Actor
Real Name
John
I always liked the leather pants! Especially blonde chicks wearing them and have the lightly died, curly, BIG pink hair styles!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Steve Latshaw
Recent bookmarks