What's new

Sexual innuendo in beer commercials (1 Viewer)

John_Bonner

Supporting Actor
Does anyone remember that hilarious spoof beer ad that was on SNL? It starred Adam Sandler and Chris Farley on a spoof of the typical fratboy beer ad, which turns into an ad with a homosexual bent to it with all the beefcake around the pool in the backyard? Now that was a great ad.
"Schmitt's Gay!" Great SNL commercial-spoof. Odd thing was that the backround music was Van Halen's "Beautiful Girls".
"If you've got a big thirst, and you're gay, reach for a cold, tall bottle of Schmitt's Gay."
------------------
JB
My baloney has a first name it's H-O-M-E-R my baloney has a second name it's H-O-M-E-R

Stef_C

Auditioning
If anyone finds a downloadable clip of that MGD commercial where all you see is a girl shaking her hips and a bottle of MGD, let me know....
I dig that commercial.. the music and the girl are hottt..
------------------
Why buy cheap, you'll only end up paying twice....

Ashley Seymour

Supporting Actor
"Schmitt's Gay" Great SNL satire on beer commercials. Almost as good as "The Bass-O-Matic"
I'll bet more than one ad executive drooled over the prospect of doing this type of commercial. Some for the sales, and a few for the erotic content.

MikeH1

Screenwriter
Real Name
Billy
Here in Canada, our two major brewers(Labatt's and Molson) I don't think have the sex theme like our american neighbors. Not right now at least. The big thing is patrotism and its pretty good for a laugh.
Labatts has these "out of the Blue" commercials. I remember one from about 3 or 4 years ago and all of a sudden it dissapeared off TV. Must have run its course I thought. It was about these 2 guys on the top of a hill and one asks the other(something like this) to jump into a shopping cart. The next thing you know, their racing down the hill in this shopping cart, having a great time. I admit, they were going quite fast, I guess too fast for some. I read in the paper after it had been yanked that 5 people had called Labatts or whoever and filed a complaint that "what kids see, kids do" and that the commercial was a bad influence. A country of 30 million and 5 people got this taken off the air. Too bad, it was good. Heres to hoping that Labatts starts putting scantly clad young long haired beautiful women back on.
------------------
you lose it here and your in a world of hurt...

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
I know a while back there was an ad campaign for one domestic beer or another which actually implied the stages of alcoholism. Each commerical one one step further down the line. The ad designers found it amusing. And the thing is, sales went up
frown.gif
------------------
My DVD Collection
My Preorders
My Wishlist
Potter is coming...

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks