What's new

Sexiest pre-1960s actress? (1 Viewer)

Jon Robertson

Screenwriter
Although the choice for many, I believe, will be Grace Kelly, I'd like to kick this thread off with Jean Simmons.
Anyone who saw her slink around the room in Black Narcissus (Chapter 12 on the Criterion DVD, by the way) will know exactly what I'm talking about!
Further proof.

LarryDavenport

Senior HTF Member
1930's: Myrna Loy, Janet Gaynor

1940's: Martha Vickers in the Big Sleep

1950's: Jeanne Moreau, Audrey Hepburn, Natalie Wood

Kurt B

Stunt Coordinator
I will cast my vote for Audrey Hepburn. There is just something about her eyes :)

SteveGon

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Gonzales
I'll second Hepburn, Lake, and Loy. All three were very different and very good-looking!

Brad Porter

Screenwriter
In the "sexiest" category I would probably have to go with Rita Hayworth - watch Gilda and you'll know what I'm talking about.

I also have a certain affinity for Teresa Wright, but I wouldn't nominate her for sexiest - maybe girl-next-door-iest.

Grace Kelly is the whole package, the cat's pajamas, the bee's knees... too transcendant to be contained by the term "sexy".

Brad

Rick Deschaine

Stunt Coordinator
I'll agree with Audrey Hepburn, but don't forget about Katherine. Just look at some of her early movies. She was very sexy, and fiery to boot!

Later, Rick

Justin Doring

Screenwriter
I must admit that Jean Simmons looked rather stunning in Black Narcissus, although I think she aged pretty quickly, not that she wasn't lovely in The Big Country.

For sexy, Ava Gardner is my favorite. Watching her always makes me weak in the knees.

Grace Kelly and Audrey Hepburn radiate class, beauty, and grace.

Jack Briggs

Senior HTF Member
Ever vigilant, I sniff out yet another thread to move over to "my" Polls section. Keep up the fun in this thread's new home. Hold on to your seats as I transport us now. "Briggs to Enterprise. ..."

Rain

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rain
I must admit that Jean Simmons looked rather stunning in Black Narcissus.
And she looks even better without the brown-face on. Check her out in Olivier's Hamlet lookin' fine.
I'll vote for another actress from Black Narcissus.
Ladies and Gentlemen, Miss Deborah Kerr. :)

Brook K

Senior HTF Member
"I tell ya, it's a whole other sex"
Marilyn, one of the few times such enormous hype has been completely justified.
Marlene Dietrich, just watch The Blue Angel and you'll see what I mean.

Darren H

Second Unit
Grace, of course.

But, Larry, after having recently seen La Notte for the first time, I with you on Jeanne Moreau. I could spend hours watching her walk around in the wet black dress -- the single sexiest walk I've ever seen.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cennetkaralowa
Recent bookmarks