Sex & the City Season 6 - Part 1 $49.99!!

Discussion in 'TV on DVD and Blu-ray' started by Andrew Budgell, Jan 26, 2004.

1. Andrew Budgell

Andrew Budgell Screenwriter

Andy Budgell
    HBO has decided to release the first part of the sixth season of Sex and the City for $49.99 on May 18th, 2004. This is my favorite show, and it makes me sick that HBO think so little of us as consumers as to charge this much for half a season! Not really surprising as they charged a similar price for Season 5, which was a shortened season due to SJ's pregnancy. I got this from DVDAnswers.com:

[​IMG] Great cover art, BTW!

2. Thomas H G

Thomas H G Screenwriter

I love the shows on HBO.

I hate the prices that HBO charges for all their DVD sets.

3. Casey Trowbridg

Casey Trowbridg Lead Actor

Sex and the City season 5 had like 8 Episodes and was a 2 disc set for that same amount of money which is 1 reason I haven't been in a great rush to pick it up yet.

I love the show, but hate the prices on the release. Hell, a full season 24 eps of Friends on 4 discs costs 44.98, and they want me to pay $50 for 8 or 12 episodes?

4. CraigF

CraigF Cinematographer

Craig
    Totally agree. HBO generally charges high prices, but they're getting to the point where I'm starting to think "how much do I really want this?", not something I generally do if I like a show. I returned Season 5 to the place I bought it once I found out it was just 2 discs (I don't follow the show on TV so didn't know it was a shortish season). It cost me Cdn$40, not a real lot in the scheme of things, but once I found out what was on it (sounded really girly to me, some would say every season was girly...) and how little of it there was ("this is the worst food I've ever eaten, and such small portions too") I just decided not to keep it, the first time I've ever not kept a title. And I have Seasons 1-4, but I'm not going to get drawn in to "completing the set", which is what HBO must think. I didn't even pick up Sopranos 4, tried some self-control. But a recent (my first) HBO Film release purchase, Capturing the Friedmans, was reasonably priced, their TV sure isn't.

5. Greg S

Greg S Supporting Actor

Unless CC screws up pricing again like they did on Season 5 you can forget me picking this SOB. HBO needs to be taught a lesson. This is beyond ridiculous!

[​IMG] [​IMG]

Greg

6. Andrew Bunk

Andrew Bunk Screenwriter

What BS-lickuly I was able to take advantage of the 19.99 price at CC's website, but otherwise I would have also held off buying.

7. Matt Butler

Matt Butler Screenwriter

I have seasons 1 through 4. Ill pick up 5 and 6 together. Stores around here usually have a multi season sale on new release day of a TV set. Sopranos, Sex/City etc.

I wasnt that impressed with 5. 6 isnt turning out bad at all.

4 is my fav though.

8. Eric Walsh

Eric Walsh Stunt Coordinator

I will pay what they charge. Maybe I'm a sucker or maybe I'm in love. Bring it on HBO. And if they ever do them over again with better quality releases or more extras or anything I will probaly buy them again.

I'm just happy to hear I won't have to wait too too long for the next installment.

9. Andrew Budgell

Andrew Budgell Screenwriter

Andy Budgell
    I will buy the both season 6 DVDs, because they have such great replay value with me and it will be well worth it!

Andy

10. Guido

Guido Stunt Coordinator

Any word on part two now that it ended? I agree with all the comments that pricing is absurd, though I will be picking it up.

Also what's up with special features on HBO dvds? Nothing on Six Feet Under, hardly any on Oz, and the SATC DVDs really suck. And based on the "Final Goodbye" special (which better be on the dvds) they clearly have the bloopers and behind the scenes footage to do it. Any word on special features and HBO?

Thanks!

11. Casey Trowbridg

Casey Trowbridg Lead Actor

You know the more I think about this, the less I like it.

So season 5 was $50
    Part 1 of Season 6 is $50
    and part 2 will probably also be $50.

How much would season 6 have cost me if they had decided to release it all at once? Probably still $50 maybe more if it was more than 3 discs total.

I hate what HBO is doing here, and just don't understand their logic.

12. GarySchrock

GarySchrock Second Unit

I don't know, the logic seems pretty clear to me. Milk every penny they can get. Let's face it, the series is pretty popular, and there are a fair number of people that are going to buy it regardless of price. Personally, I'm not one of them (for a couple reasons, a) I'm not a huge fan of the show, my wife is the one that really likes it, and she doesn't really want the discs and b) I've always felt that the picture quality on the Sex discs is substandard. Always seems exceptionally grainy, and I don't seem to notice that when I watch the shows on hbo (then again, I didn't notice it as much on the last season I watched on dvd, so maybe it's improved)).

13. Dennis*G

Dennis*G Supporting Actor

Hate to bring up older threads, but probably better then starting a new one.

Anyone here know when the second part of season 6 will be out? Or anyone know if they will make just a season 6 package?

looking at completing the set for the wife for Christmas and just want to know the status of season 6.