What's new

Sex and the City (1 Viewer)

David Ren

Stunt Coordinator
When is Sex and the City Season 3 coming to DVD? I just finished the first two seasons and I want more. I also wish more NEW shows came out on DVD.
I don't like watching television because I don't like the idea of them telling me when to watch. I like watching whenever I feel like watching, lol.
Say Friends comes on Thursdays at 8PM. On thursday, at 7:59, I have to drop whatever I'm doing so I can watch a TV show? I just can't do that. I like DVDs so if I wanna watch at 9:44, I can. Anybody not watch TV for the same reason or am I just stubborn?
But wait, I'm getting off topic. Anybody know when Sex and the City Season 3 is coming to DVD? :)
David

Kelley_B

Senior HTF Member
Season 2 came out last year around May(the start of the new season) so i would imagine it to be out around then. Until then if you have HBO watch the Season 4 marathon on New Years Eve, Season 4 is INCREDIBLE so far and there are 6 episodes left that start in Jan.

Ali B

Second Unit
I was thinking this the other day! The UK gets Season 3 in November 2002, with Season 2 being out in May 2002. I'm guessing that HBO will release Season 3 in the US first, maybe even before Season 2 hits the UK market. This would especially make sense with Season 4 coming to an end on TV.

ali

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
I too had previously heard to expect Season 3 in May.

Rats! Me and the missus didn't want to wait that long, either!

Craig S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Craig Seanor
I don't like watching television because I don't like the idea of them telling me when to watch. I like watching whenever I feel like watching, lol.
David, I have one word for you:

TiVo

Get one (or two, like me). It will put YOU in control of the television schedule.

Michael Reuben

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Michael Reuben

Someone already mentioned TiVo, but there's also this marvellous new device called the VCR . . .

Gord Lacey

Senior HTF Member
HBO releases their sets once a year so the May, 2002 date mentioned by others is pretty much a sure thing.

It's a bummer, but what are we going to do? HBO seems committed to releasing their shows, which is a good thing.

We already have Sex and the City, Sopranos, Spawn, Best of the Chris Rock Show, mini-series like From the Earth to the Moon, and soon to have Oz. Way to go HBO. Hard to believe they're owned by Warner!

Gord

Matt Butler

Screenwriter
Real Name
Matt Butler
I too have a Sex and the City addiction and am waiting patiently till May.

John Nielsen

Stunt Coordinator
and soon to have Oz. Way to go HBO.
That sounds great, but where did you get that information? HBO's web site says the following:
As of now, there are no plans to release Oz on DVD or Videocassette.:frowning:
Hopfully we see Season One of Six Feet Under soon, can't wait for season 2 to start up. ;)

Michael Reuben

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Michael Reuben
Way to go HBO. Hard to believe they're owned by Warner!
You mean, the same Warner that was one of the first studios to release material on DVD and (along with Sony) patiently nurtured the format while the likes of Fox and Disney flirted with DIVX for almost a year before getting with the program?

What's so hard to believe?

M.

Gord Lacey

Senior HTF Member
John,

It was mentioned in an article about TV season boxed sets being popular. There's a thread on here about the article, or go to my website and it's on the main page under "news".

Michael,

It's hard to believe because Warner hasn't released a single thing in season sets, yet that's what 90% of the HBO stuff is. HBO is giving us what we want and Warner is giving us random episodes tossed on a disc.

Gord

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
It's hard to believe because Warner hasn't released a single thing in season sets, yet that's what 90% of the HBO stuff is. HBO is giving us what we want and Warner is giving us random episodes tossed on a disc.
Right on, Gordo! Couldn't have said it better myself...

Michael Reuben

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Michael Reuben
HBO is giving us what we want and Warner is giving us random episodes tossed on a disc.
Fox did the same with Ally McBeal, even though its X-Files and Buffy sets are full seasons. In both cases, I suspect we're not dealing with a single company-wide approach, but the tastes and market assessments of individual producers.

M.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks