Sex and the City, Season Six, Part 2: Dec. 28

Discussion in 'TV on DVD and Blu-ray' started by LindseyS, Aug 30, 2004.

1. LindseyS

LindseyS Stunt Coordinator

Does anyone know if those "2 30 minute farewell tributes" are the clip shows that aired prior to the final episode?

2. Michael Reuben

Michael Reuben Studio Mogul

I assume you're referring to Season 6, part 2. Where are you getting your information about the two "farewell tributes"?

M.

3. LindseyS

It was listed on the news item at TVShowsonDVD.com.

4. Michael Reuben

Best bet is to ask there, then. The big retailers don't even have this listed yet.

I'll fix the thread title.

M.

5. Amy Mormino

Amy Mormino Supporting Actor

Well, this title has the same high price as the other sets, but at least they've included some decent extras. I'm especially pleased to see that they're including the alternate endings.

One feature which I've never seen on a DVD but I'm always hoping for is that you can choose between a number of endings and re-edit the ending whenever you wish.

6. Michael Reuben

Yes, those are the shows that HBO aired in the hour before the finale. The only things missing are the elaborate promos that HBO aired before, during and after for Sopranos, Six Feet Under and Curb Your Enthusiasm. [​IMG]

M.

7. Matt Butler

Matt Butler Screenwriter

This is the only S&C that I need and I have the whole series.

How are the deleted scenes for the rest of the series? How long does it run?

8. Michael Reuben

There are only a few deleted scenes (one or two for each season except season 1), and I haven't yet watched most of them. The one I checked out (from season 6, part 1, the episode where Big has an angioplasty) was unremarkable, and they were right to cut it.

M.

9. John McM

John McM Second Unit

yep, I was kinda disapointed. The way the cast and media made it out like was that they reshot entirely different endings. The other three endings would not have played well if they hadn't also reshot the last 15-20 mins of the episode three different times.

10. Michael Reuben

But it's not on the disc.

It's pretty clear from King's commentaries on the final three episodes that there was never any question, once the scripts had been written, how the series would end. Everything was geared toward keeping the real ending under wraps.

M.

11. Doug_B

Doug_B Screenwriter

Excuse me for the slight change of topic, but does anyone know if Parts I and II will be offered as a single package in the near future? I just finished viewing my S5 discs and I'm ready to buy S6 (and I didn't view S6 when broadcast either - mucho thanks to Michael for using spoiler tags [​IMG] ).

Thanks.

Doug

12. nolesrule

nolesrule Producer

Joe Kauffman
    I highly doubt it.

13. LindseyS

Did anyone notice that some lines were dubbed over, possibly because they may have been considered "offensive?" Not sure if they need spoiler tags, but I'll put them anyway.

Samantha was talking about how she believed her maid stole from her, and while the captions and her lips indicate "Dominican Republic," "other republics" is heard.

The captions say that Anthony says "I know some gay guys who got a Guatemalan kid for $100" while what is heard is "...kid and they like it a lot."

I guess those lines may have been deemed offensive. Does anyone remember if they were dubbed in the original airings?

14. Michael Reuben

I still have the original airing of the series finale on TiVo, and Anthony clearly says "one hundred dollars". I can't imagine why that was dubbed for DVD, especially since the subtitles contain the original line.

M.