What's new

SEX AND THE CITY "Premium Release" (2 Viewers)

Jay_B!

Screenwriter

tell the guys at HBO you talk to that pretty much EVERY S&TC fan I know has no plans getting the Deluxe set when it costs $300. Buffy is $100 cheaper and there's 50 more episodes. For the love of God, Friends is the same price as the S&TC set and there is over twice the amount of episodes. And sorry, the bonus disc looks like fluff, nothing so enticing to make us repurchase the sets, at least not at a price that will not be reasonable when you consider what you'd get for used copies. At least with Buffy, you're getting your moneys worth and a deal out of it.

I love Sex And The City, and for a lower price I might consider it, but HBO proves they price-gouge with this set. They should actually lower the price when you consider the way they ripped the consumers off for seasons 5 and 6 on DVD.

ChadKo

Stunt Coordinator
Hi,

I asked a couple of weeks ago about the series set of Sex And The City if the menu screen were going to be the same as the individual sets even though the disks look different. I was also curious if the special features would remain the same.
Right after I posted I went on vacation and never saw the results. i tried searching the site but I couldnt find the post. Please help me with any answers. thanks!

Chad

Gord Lacey

Senior HTF Member
Chad,
It's very likely (99%) that the contents of each disc will be the same; menus, special features and episode transfers. That's because HBO already has the work done, and changing something would increase their costs. These "complete sets" are like printing money for the studios since they've already made a bunch off the same material when they sold us season sets. The packaging, disc art, and bonus disc is what will set this apart from the previous releases.

Gord

Lars Vermundsberget

Supporting Actor
SatC may not have quite the nerd-boy appeal. But the price for the set shouldn't be too bad compared to a pair of shoes from Manolo Blahnik.

Mikel_Cooperman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mikey
I just hate when they do this. Anybody who is a fan has this already and is the extra stuff that Special to warrant a 300.00 price tag?

Jay_B!

Screenwriter
so did anyone buy it? is the disc booklet annoying in the way where the discs will be easily scratched or are they pretty safe?

I am thinking of possibly getting this via the DDD sale in a few weeks

Shane Kelley

Agent
I picked this up today as a christmas gift, so I haven't opened it to know exactly what is inside.

However, Best Buy has it on sale this week for $165 ... MUCH cheaper than anyone else, web or otherwise. Just thought you should know before you plan out your purchasing strategy :)

Jay_B!

Screenwriter

currently it's 195 at DDD, so I figure maybe it'll be slightly cheaper at DDD when they have their sale.

Guido

Stunt Coordinator
Anyone check out the bonus disc yet?

I am a huge fan, but it really doesn't sound like ANYthing different AT ALL.

True?

Sean Laughter

Screenwriter
I am somewhat tempted to just give my entire original disc collection to a friend and get this, especially if it takes up less shelf space then the other sets of the entire series (and the other packages are very flimsy, I've already had two covers work their way off after numerous openings and closing).

ElijahS

Supporting Actor
The biggest thing that bothers me is that it appears to be so much taller than regular DVD cases.

Jay_B!

Screenwriter
picked it up at FYE (also known as Camelot Music and Coconuts) for $161.99 (it's on sale for $179.99, but I belong to their Backstage Pass program) and received a $20 rebate to mail in (one I decided to do since the UPC code is not actually in the book, as well as another rebate coupon for $10 in free gas since the purchase was so high, so I actually got the set for $131.99, I also traded in the DVD sets I had for store credit at the same time to go along with the price, so it was nowhere as costly as I dreaded it was going to be.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks