What's new

Sex and the City Episode Review: "Coulda, Woulda, Shoulda" (1 Viewer)

Berk

Stunt Coordinator
Fellow Posters:
- Miranda's pregnant.
- Steve a poppa?
- Big is a sad putz - no longer a strong man.
- Charlotte's storyline now centers around her marriage and pregnancy concerns.
- Lucy Liu as a guest star?
- Samantha's no longer a lesbian?
To the two Mike's and all the other posters who refused to admit that the FORMULA of this once great series has changed, I say simply:
"HA! Told you so!"
(God that felt sooooooooooooo good!)
-Berk

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
This series could veer into that territory where once kids are introduced, the show suffers (remember "Mad About You" once the kid showed up?). But what did you expect with a show that features 30-something women, that biological clock is just ticking ticking ticking...
------------------
PatCave; HT Pix; Gear; DIY Mains; DIY CC; Sunosub I + II + III; DVDs; Link Removed

Jake Gove

Second Unit
What was all that business at the end in the previews about the upcoming "Summer Finale"? Do they start up with new episodes in the fall? Or is the Summer Finale the Season Finale?

Michael Reuben

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Michael Reuben
they only run in the summer, the new episodes)
That was true of the first season (12 episodes), but not of the last two, which have continued into October (18 episodes per season). This year, it appears that HBO is clearing out the Sunday night schedule for Band of Brothers and The Sopranos reruns.
According to People, new episodes are being written and filmed (they ran a strange-looking picture of Cynthia Nixon as a blonde) but won't be aired until January. (They'd have to film them now, since Sarah Jessica Parker is committed to an off-Broadway play in the fall.) I'm not sure whether that qualifies as a new season or a continuation of season four after a long hiatus. :)
M.
[Edited last by Michael Reuben on August 06, 2001 at 12:51 PM]

Michael Reuben

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Michael Reuben
You're not far off. Next Sunday will be episode 12 of the fourth season (remember that HBO ran two episodes back-to-back for the season premiere and there were five Sundays in June). Time flies!
M.

Mike St.Louis

Supporting Actor
The last two seasons have had 18 episodes each.
I still love this show. I think all the characters are growing and expanding.

MickeS

Senior HTF Member
Time does indeed fly! I can't believe the "season" is over already.
The characters in the show have changed, but the direction of the show hasn't. I'm glad that the characters HAVE changed, as long as it's done this well. If they would always stay the same (see "Friends") it wouldnb't be believeable or interesting. The show still centers around the same four women and their relationships. And it's still great!
/Mike

RafaelB

Second Unit
This season of SaTC is still 18 episodes, just like the previous two seasons, although this time, they're not going to broadcast the last 6 episodes until the fall to anticipate more viewers (likely).
Rafael

Mark Wolverton

Stunt Coordinator
So, is this a chick show or what? I can't decide. I mean I really like it and all. I think its a great show but who is their target audience anyway?
------------------
Mark W
"I like to watch."
Chauncy Gardner - Being There -

Joel Mack

Senior HTF Member
Fellow Posters:
- Miranda's pregnant.
- Steve a poppa?
- Big is a sad putz - no longer a strong man.
- Charlotte's storyline now centers around her marriage and pregnancy concerns.
- Lucy Liu as a guest star?
- Samantha's no longer a lesbian?
To the two Mike's and all the other posters who refused to admit that the FORMULA of this once great series has changed, I say simply:
"HA! Told you so!"
(God that felt sooooooooooooo good!)
-Berk
It's much better than re-hashing the same old crap over and over again. I prefer my characters to evolve.
Besides, I thought you took your ball and went home...
------------------
"If we blow up, whatever's left of me is kickin' your butt."

Michael Reuben

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Michael Reuben
but who is their target audience anyway?
Obviously not Berk.
laugh.gif

Romier S

Senior HTF Member
I personally have been a fan of the show since season 2 and am glad to see the characters evolving!
You can only see so many episodes of these women getting laid before it gets old. I'm glad to see Carrie and Aydens relationship growing. Hell I'm glad to see Carrie in a stable relationship period! :) Its a good progression for her especially since she has been trudging along with Big for so long now.
Speaking of Big..I love his character now!! First, he is a little more light hearted and comedic. I still laugh my ass off about that "Carrie loves the jazzman" line earlier this season. Also, him getting his heart stomped out has been a long time coming after being so aloof with Carrie and what he did to his ex-wife. Its like he said "She could get me, but I couldn't reach her!" :)
I don't know how I feel about Miranda being pregnant just yet but I think it will make for some interesting chemistry with Charlotte. To me Miranda has always been the lonely one in the group, always scraping to get a date. Imagine how much harder it is going to be for her to get a date with a kid!!!
Samantha really is the only one who hasn't made any progress but that's her character. She just likes to have fun and have lots of sex. I don't think she will ever change and to tell you the truth I hope she doesn't cause she provides a majority of the laughs for me (the rest of the laughs have to go Miranda..I love that dry wit of hers).
To change gears here though....What's kind of funny to me Berk is that you took the time to post about how you were right about the show changing but to know this you must be watching it. Simple solution for you bud...If you don't like it, don't watch it.
[Edited last by Romier S on August 08, 2001 at 07:23 PM]

Paul Jenkins

Supporting Actor
i think the show is improving now, they are definitely pushing new territory again, which is good.
i liked the ending of this week's episode, i thought she had gone through with it, then when she didn't it was good to see everyone support her decision and become "aunts".
oh, and btw, totally sexist statement, but Sarah JP is way hot, I love the way they have her in the apartment in nothing but a bra a whole bunch
blush.gif

Users who are viewing this thread